Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get in contact with builder

Options
  • 02-07-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

My Parents had a conservtory built last year, its supposed to come with a 5 year warranty, last night during the heavy rain a lot of water gone in. tried to contact the builder 3 numbers to land lines and a mobile out of service, anyone know were i can go with this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭Trampas

Insurance company might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

popey21 wrote: »
    My Parents had a conservtory built last year, its supposed to come with a 5 year warranty, last night during the heavy rain a lot of water gone in. tried to contact the builder 3 numbers to land lines and a mobile out of service, anyone know were i can go with this

I am having a similar problem with a builder at the moment. I had a receipt with a false address on it, but a valid VAT number. You can check the name and address associated with any VAT number in Europe on the following site.

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vieshome.do?selectedLanguage=EN

Most builders register for VAT so that they can offer VAT free services to businesses. If you got a receipt, it should have the VAT number on it.

Once you have a valid name and address, you can try contacting the builder. If he fails to respond, you could consider bringing him to the Small Claims Court. The procedure is very simple - 15 minutes on-line to submit a claim, and it only costs €15. You must have a valid name and address, though.

https://smallclaims.courts.ie/esmallclaims/claim/Main?page=home&Language=English

If you don't have an address, trying searching online Golden Pages and eircom White pages. He may still be operating with different phone numbers, perhaps from a different address? Also Google the name of the builder and any other info about him. He may appear in one of many databases of Tradesmen online. One of these databases may have his address.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Is he even in the country any more ??

If he was a CIF.ie member when he did the job there would be insurance you can claim against, contact the CIF .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

popey21 wrote: »

We had a problem with a hinge on our conservatory door and when we rang them there numbers were out of service too! You wouldn't happen to be trying to contact an owner called Dermot?,just out of interest to see if its the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Considering the building trade's gotten a right good kicking the last 8 months the company could of gone bust.

• Advertisement
Advertisement