Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warp20 (1989 - 2009)

• 02-07-2009 12:09pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

Posted this also over in Experimental a while back when the voting was still taking place as to what tracks made it to upcoming box-set to celebrate 20 years of Warp. All tracks now announced for this amazing release which Warp are taking pre-orders for now, but not out till late September. Hard to believe they are around now 20 years, been a fan myself for almost that whole time!

A very nice set altogether which includes 4 CDs, 3 x10" Vinyl, 2 x 10" vinyl loops and a 192 page book, can't wait for this to land on my doorstep later in the year...

http://warp.net/records/warp20/warp20-box-set-first-tracklistings-confirmed

Drool... :pac:

Warp1.jpg

Warp2.jpg

Warp3.jpg

Warp4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Absolutely classic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Whoa that looks beautiful!!!

Any idea of the winning tracklist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Whoa that looks beautiful!!!

Any idea of the winning tracklist?
    Just click the link in the OP's post

Looks absolutely class by the way, cheers Felixdhc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Drool indeed, I'll be having one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

Looks amazing,im sure it will sound amazing too.

Pretty much sums up the briliance that has been Warp for the past 20 years.

Anyone know how much,when and where this can be purchased?

nonsense42 wrote: »
    Looks amazing,im sure it will sound amazing too.

Pretty much sums up the briliance that has been Warp for the past 20 years.

Anyone know how much,when and where this can be purchased?
    It's all in the link Felixdhc posted. The page is a bit confusing though - here's the link to where you can pre-order

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Bleep are taking pre-orders up to the 5th of July which guarantees a copy and also gives a 20% discount. A good way for them to determine I suppose how many they should make to meet demand...

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=20464

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

sweet find Dave :)

certainly be grabbing myself a copy of that!

Jay D wrote: »
    sweet find Dave :)

certainly be grabbing myself a copy of that!

Yeah it looks spectacular... Can't wait for it to ship in September :D

They seem to have put real effort into the design etc. It should certainly become a collectors item, I'd imagine after the official release date in September it will become a double CD only without any of the other CDs, vinyl and frills.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

Cheers for the links lads.

Do you think picking up two copies of it would pay off in a few years to come???

nonsense42 wrote: »
    Cheers for the links lads.

Do you think picking up two copies of it would pay off in a few years to come???

Possibly... depends on how many they end up making which I'd say they will determine based on pre-orders up to the 5th of July. They have not said though that it is limited edition with x amount of copies only for the world.

That said, if you bought a 2nd copy and left it completely sealed, the chances are it would be worth somewhat more than the original price in years to come... how much more is the question (and that will most likely be determined by how many they make).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Costs a lot money but certainly a collectors item, bleeptastic :D

A pity some of my other fav labels wouldn't so similar like Strictly Rhythm for House, Reinforced Records for Rave/Hardcore and Prolekult for Techno.

jonny68 wrote: »
    A pity some of my other fav labels wouldn't so similar like Strictly Rhythm for House, Reinforced Records for Rave/Hardcore and Prolekult for Techno.

Border Community for all those other odd bits of music that are difficult to pigeonhole but are pretty good!

Yay... got an email from Bleep to say this will be shipping in the next few days... can't wait :)

Got this yesterday, well worth the wait... highly recommend to any Warp fans, lovely box-set and good value considering what you get. I see already its shot up in value on discogs, be worth a few quid in time to come.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=1939634&ev=rb

They still have some in Tower Records for 139... anyone interested should snap one up before they go...

http://www.towerrecords.ie/product/Various_Artists_Warp_20Th_Anniversary_Box_Set/463162

Advertisement