Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way of travel?

Options
  • 02-07-2009 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi guys so i have being presented with a job opportunity, Im currenty living in whitehall and the job is in Dun Laoghaire. Im wondering what would be my best option for transport? Should i get bus to city centre & then a luas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

heymayo wrote: »
    the job is in Dun Laoghaire. Im wondering .. a luas??

The LUAS goes nowhere near Dun Laoghaire. Could you get a bus down Collina avenue and link up with the DART ? Or to town and then DART

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Does a dart go from drumcondra to Dun Laoghaire?? How long would it roughly all take me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Does a dart go from drumcondra to Dun Laoghaire??

No - there might be an ARROW, but the DART doesn't serve Drumcondra.

Also, you need to be sure where the place of work is in DL, relative to the train station. DL is a big place !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Bus to Fairview then get Dart from Clontarf station to Dun Laghoire.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i would cycle to fairview (10 mins), lock it at the dart station, and get the dart, quickest route, although maybe killester is closer than fairview, worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Hi guys so i have being presented with a job opportunity, Im currenty living in whitehall and the job is in Dun Laoghaire. Im wondering what would be my best option for transport? Should i get bus to city centre & then a luas??

OK There are a number of options:

1) Bus and Bus:
    Take any bus to O'Connell Street and then change to a 7, 7A, or 8

2) Bus & DART:
    Take any bus to O'Connell Street, and after a short walk then a DART from Tara Street

3) Bus & Train:
    Get a bus to Drumcondra Station (entrance under the rail bridge at Clonliffe Road). There is one train that operates through Drumcondra Station each morning at 0831 that continues direct to Dun Laoghaire arriving at 0910.

The fastest option would probably be option 2 if option 3 is too late for you.

Bus/Rail commuter tickets are available.

There is also the 746 bus that does the entire trip, but it takes a circuitous route via Stillorgan and would only be useful going back to Whitehall as there is no early southbound service.

For option 1 the Travel 90 10 Journey Smartcard will take you from Whitehall to Dun Laoghaire for EUR 1.80 per trip.

Advertisement