Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Times for gigs in Marquee

Options
  • 02-07-2009 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

HI there,
    Just curious re start time for Des Bishop tomorrow night.
    It's advertised as 8pm,but in reality anyone know what time he'll come on stage at?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Usually there is a couple of lesser known comedians on first to warm up the crowd at these comedy shows. Who are usually very good too.

Are the tickets sold out for Des Bishop? Can I buy at the door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Dido1

Says on the ticket 8pm, Lenny from RedFM morning show, KC & Lenny has been challenged by Des Bishop to do a warm up act. He's actually going for it and asked ppl to donate whatever they want towards charity Barnardos online on Redfm website. Think they are trying to raise €5000 Good cause! Don't know how good he will be tho, seeing as he isn't technically a stand up. Could seriously crash and burn, but fair play to him. Probably another warm up act aswell so could be close to 9 before he's on.

rsta wrote: »
    Usually there is a couple of lesser known comedians on first to warm up the crowd at these comedy shows. Who are usually very good too.

Are the tickets sold out for Des Bishop? Can I buy at the door?

Didn't hear anything about it being sold out. Don't think you can buy at d gates, usually have to show tickets at first entrance and havn't seen a box office down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 dooksgolf

I hope there's a box office down there as I bought my tickets on ticketmaster on Wed & I'm to collect them at box office

There must be one so...i'm the type of person that could be standing next to it and not see it...what's that they're called again?? oh yes "a bit of a spacer" :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Was at Crosby, Stills and Nash on Monday. We arrived at about 8.15 or so and they had already started.

...and 50cent didn't bother to turn up until 9.30, was a good gig but seemed short(over before 11)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

...and 50cent didn't bother to turn up until 9.30, was a good gig but seemed short(over before 11)

an hour and a half seems to be the standard time for a headline act these days, unless you are at one of the major venues like Slane or I've found a lot of the more well known artists who have been around for ages tend to play for longer. Bon Jovi at Croke park a few years ago went on for 2h45m.

I'd imagine Bruce Springsteen would do at least two hours tonight..maybe some will confirm this tomorrow.

Advertisement