Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion - Anyone in the pre order beta ?

Options
  • 02-07-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Just recently started looking at Aion for something to do but it isn't out till near the end of September , Anyone here been in the pre order beta or thinking of trying it out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I, and some friends from work, were playing on the Chinese servers with the english language pack which I presume is from the English Beta.

Incredibly polished game, I was shocked at that. However, it does have some flaws - most notably, some of the classes feel a little boring, in terms of number of abilities, at least until later levels.

I'll definitely be picking it up when it gets it's EU release.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

As it happens I was looking at it today, I'll definitely be purchasing it when it comes out in September - not so sure I can be bothered with the beta's though (may change if I become bored). From the clips I've seen of gameplay, it doesn't look to different to Guild Wars, the same company made it I guess - hence the similarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Damn, so many mixed opinions about this game.I know other people who say its a carebear WoW clone.

dacookie wrote: »
    Damn, so many mixed opinions about this game.I know other people who say its a carebear WoW clone.
    Err, carebear it certainly isnt. Wowclone maybe. If by wowclone you mean a game similar to pretty much every MMO for the past 10 odd years and then with some awesome new mechanics mixed in and a polished RvR system..

The RvR starts at level 25ish when you find yourself drawn to the Abyss for leveling, as thats where the best xp is... it's also full PvP and full flight enabled.

Not quite sure where you got your facts from, but it sounds like it may have been badly translated from chinese :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Me and my cousin played there with the pre purchase from plaync over the weekend , I like it but the version we have is 1.0 , and 1.5 is out in Asia so were like a few content patches behind , The only thing i will say that is going be a big problem is the starter zone is tiny , there is only 1 and for me i think that is going to turn of people like me who are alt crazy, Its fun tho i enjoyed my 1-18 experiance. Which is good for a change i was getting fed up buying these games to get a buggy piece of crap handed to me.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that is fair criticism. The starting quests really have to all be completed to progress efficiently and it can get repetetive. I played a sorc to 12, a gladiator to 18 and a chanter to 23.

The only consolation is that it gets much quicker each run through, but you need to really read into each class and make a commited choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

Where is it possible to get the early start and beta keys in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭victor8600

sumoward wrote: »
    Where is it possible to get the early start and beta keys in Ireland?

Preorder Aion, and you will get the key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

victor8600 wrote: »
    Preorder Aion, and you will get the key.

Where would the best place to preorder be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

sumoward wrote: »
    Where would the best place to preorder be?

I used play.com,

Code arrived nice and early, been playing a Mage for a few hours today.

Enjoying it a lot so far, it's stunning looking and very polished for beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Anyone know if you can make premade characters for higher level beta tests?

Surely you must, many people won't have being in the beta long enough to level one character that high let alone more? :eek:

It's been heavily tested already during the Korean beta test and the Chinese beta test, all that really needs to be done is localisation and Internal Beta tests will usually pick up major errors fairly quickly/easily. The ones that slip through are invariably minor anyways - which all leads me to believe that this English beta test is just a PR campaign and a way to give people a taster. But then, thats pretty much what every other beta test is for - it's just most tend to fail horribly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

I hope Aion gets people interested enough to consider shifting from WoW. I've been playing wow since vanilla, and I think Aion could be a breath of fresh air.

Granted I loved warhammer, but most of my RL mates stuck at WoW so I found myself crawling back to it for the social aspect of the game more than anything else...

Might just get pre-order in ;)

Any idea of what server/faction most boardies will roll with? (If any)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

NCsoft ! :mad: The game is already dead before it's even begun. Anything Ncsoft touch turns to vomit.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    NCsoft ! :mad: The game is already dead before it's even begun. Anything Ncsoft touch turns to vomit.
    I disagree. For every Tabla Rasa and Auto Assault there is a Guild Wars, City of Heroes and Lineage.

Not "wow-killers" :rolleyes: but still carve out an impressive market share and seem to thrive where other more ambitious MMOs have merely been crushed beneath the weight of their own hype.

'Sides, Aion is a great game of that I am certain. I dont think you can say the same about Tabla Rasa or Auto Assault for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Anyone going to be playing the beta tonight or this weekend??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Just picked this up off Play.com, any idea how long i'll be waiting for the Beta key?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Lots of people seem really eager for this. Apart from the ability to fly, what differentiates this game from the others? Nice looking trailer too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

It seems pretty pvp focused compared to most mmo's, and having a npc faction in the main pvp area should mix things up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i was salivating over the video although im not going to pre-order it for a 3-day tester i will get it for release time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Waiting in the queue right now, my 3rd beta now, so far I love it, most of my guild will be moving on to Aion too.
    I preordered from play.com, no problems, but if you order too close before the beta you wont get the code before the next event.
    Be aware there will be character wipe before the open beta and again after the open beta before the head start.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

if you are 15 maybe yes, but their games are liked by adults

btw I think best place to pre order is www.direct2drive.co.uk 29.99 for standard version + u are getting extra special items and 7 day earlier start.

[EDIT] and for people wondering if it is WoW clone, what happened with Aion is NCSoft took best things from WoW and Lineage 2 and put it into this game, so far it is very good, many places sold out pre order keys already.

Drakar wrote: »
    Lots of people seem really eager for this. Apart from the ability to fly, what differentiates this game from the others? Nice looking trailer too!

This is what Warhammer should have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ivan wrote: »
    This is what Warhammer should have been.

Didn't we say that about warhammer also, this is what conan should have been :D

Didn't we say that about warhammer also, this is what conan should have been :D
    Hey, I'm nothing if not consistent in my fickle nature ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

For me the only other mmorpg that can take me from Aion is Tera that looks really amazing, but people are saying that it is more like L2 (which I like a lot) so I am gussing loads of grinding but as well open PvP world

Damn I'm such a sucker for MMO's :(

Just bought the collectors edition on Steam, downloading now, 30% done :)

Have to say though, it does look incredibly nice visually for a MMO.

Well the download of 8Gb flew down in no time from steam at full speed but the update now being applied form the NcSoft launcher, of only 450Mb looks like it'll take forever :( running at 10Kbps, would be lucky to have the update downloaded before the official launch :/

Grrr :mad: I am not happy now at all with the anti hacking root-kit like crap that gets installed with Aion. I'm sure it will do well to stop the cheaters but it rightly buggers up windows and the anti-virus goes mental everytime it runs :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Grrr :mad: I am not happy now at all with the anti hacking root-kit like crap that gets installed with Aion. I'm sure it will do well to stop the cheaters but it rightly buggers up windows and the anti-virus goes mental everytime it runs :mad::mad::mad:

can't say I've ever encountered any issues with it.

• Advertisement

It's still messed up for me, even after putting full exclusions into Kaspersky AV for it. When I try to connect to the game server, sure it comes back and says it can't, then the game quits back to the launcher and that is when the problems start. It's like it's effected the whole desktop. I can click the start button for example but nothing else is clickable within and the taskbar is dead along with not even being able to start the task manager with CTRL ALT DEL.
    Now I'm not sure if it's Kaspersky or Aion but either or both are interfering with each other, even after exclusions. Really annoying :(

Advertisement