Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion - Anyone in the pre order beta ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Seems I'm not alone with this problem, looks like the anti hack/cheat software they're using is conflicting with a lot of peoples anti virus software.

:(

Just hope they have the problems patched/fixed for launch.

So in the end, a complete uninstall of Kaspersky AV sorted the problem and now all is fine.

That is until I suppose I get a virus as now I've no Av installed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the problem isnt with the anti-cheat software its with your AV software.

this anti-cheat software has been used to a massive extent on micro-payment games and is well tried and tested. its one of the few ill allow on my pc.

i caved and pre-ordered, so hopefully see you guys in game on the 6th (its installed and ready to go)

i didnt realise it was on the CRYengine (drools some more)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I got up to level 21 with my Templar in the closed beta. Levelling in this game is fairly slow but it actually feels like you've done enough to deserve it when you do (for later levels anyway). I think I'll roll another class for Open Beta and then go back to my templar when the game goes live.

I can't feckin wait to try out v1.5 of the game tbh! The changes they've made in comparison to v1.2 which we used in the CB sound amazing.

See you all there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Yeah the templar was awesome, but with the wipe at the end of the open beta i 'll probably wait until it officially goes live before i play again, its a bummer playing for hours and seeing all the hard leveling going to waste:(

• Advertisement

dont do hard leveling, savour the game, that way when the game goes live you can power level without feeling you have missed the eye candy and such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

jaggeh wrote: »
    dont do hard leveling, savour the game, that way when the game goes live you can power level without feeling you have missed the eye candy and such

I guess so, but since theres only two variations to the starting areas and every character i make having to go through them, the less i see of them the better for now, starting areas do my head in in most mmo's:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Quick question, if i preorder the game [im thinking digital distribution] will i be able to participate in the upcoming open beta?
    I missed out on getting myself a key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I believe so.

Ive preordered and downloaded on steam.
    I got all my emails etc and made accounts etc.
    The thing is i didnt get any key for the open beta.
    In one email i was told i was invited to closed beta [obviously valid a while back when closed beta was about to begin]
    I can only hope that my game code connected to my account will allow me access to the open beta.

ALso looking at the ncsoft launcher it says i have Aion (US) is this a mistake or am i screwed?

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive preordered and downloaded on steam.
    I got all my emails etc and made accounts etc.
    The thing is i didnt get any key for the open beta.
    In one email i was told i was invited to closed beta [obviously valid a while back when closed beta was about to begin]
    I can only hope that my game code connected to my account will allow me access to the open beta.

ALso looking at the ncsoft launcher it says i have Aion (US) is this a mistake or am i screwed?

Your key should be good for the open beta.
    I'm the same; down as US but its fine from what I know. The closed beta was the same.

It might be worth looking at having a vent server again for the open beta and start of the release. I'll sort it out laters and post details.

someone bump the aion forum request as well, out of sight and out of mind etc etc :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

This is obviously all just a ploy to get another board added to your empire of dead forums! :P

Drakar wrote: »
    This is obviously all just a ploy to get another board added to your empire of dead forums! :P

My army of undead browsers shall rise and smite you...

LOL

Thread bumped :)

5 hours to go now. cant wait, are we picking a particular server?

That would be a good idea, plus which side people going to go for ?
    I'm assuming Amsodian.

I've rented a ventrilo server which we can use, details below.
    It worked well last time we had a boardsie group starting a game together.

Host: 85.236.100.19
    Port: 6304

password: potatopower

Thanks Rev, i might pop on later.

I admit to not knowing much about the game as ive not played any beta but the word out on the net seems to be very positive.
    All i hope for is a fun MMO that has plenty of endgame content aswell as lots of dungeons and instances as we level up but endgame content is a huge must for me to continue subscription.

Well hopefully the fact that this has been running for a while in Korea means that end content will not be lacking.
    Time will tell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fine. I'll download it tonight while im in work. God you people are gonna make me spend all my money :(

Now the only question is do i get the collectors edition for the fancy wings with an extra 40 seconds of flight time or not.,...hmm.

With the move from v1.2 in the Closed Beta to v1.5 in the Open Beta/Launch, end game content should not be a worry.

While I've only gotten to lvl21 (Asmodian Templar) in the CB and was constantly astonished at how visually stunning this game is for an MMO and how great the quests are for the most part- the general feedback in the community so far is that Aion is ALL about the end game and that PVP is also fantastic.

I've had very little PVP experience- played some 1v1 when I hit about lvl19 for the craic just while in one of the towns but once you hit 20+ and are in Morheim you are open to serious ganking because of rifts opening up in the surrounding areas. Generally, what would happen is you'd venture outside Morheim by yourself to do some quests and you'd suddenly see a large group of Elyos in the distance coming your way. The frequency of this was quite annoying but this was a known issue with rifts on the Elyos side opening up far more often for them to come through than on our side.

It started to improve towards the end of the CB when high level legion/clan players would come back to Morheim and camp around it to pwn any Elyos that came through a rift but they'd also be screaming in chat for all us lowbies to report any rifts opening at our location so that they could head over to Elysea and pwn some n00bs.

This has apparently been sorted in v1.5 of the game so that's basically my only gripe with the game so far sorted. :)
    Here's the Open Beta patch notes for anyone interested which shows new areas/instances etc.: http://powerwiki.na.aiononline.com/aion/Open+Beta+Patch+Notes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If i pre-order it from Steam or D2D now, i can get into the open beta that starts tonight, right? Its just it says on Steam that the game won't unlock for two weeks, but im assuming thats the actual release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Yeah you can play the beta.. if the servers come online :)

Currently getting a message that my account does not have acces to Aion.
    Please God its because the servers have not gone live yet.

Yeah I'm getting that message too, something about "ARS payment not made" or something like that.

Yeah thats the one, thank God im not alone :)
    So looking forward to this game,id be gutted to be left out of beta after preordering.

All is good :)

I'm in and about to start a character.

So what server are you all going on ? Given they all look the same, reckon I'll go for Thor server for now, purely because I like the name :D

...or not.

Parento was the only server available so I guess that's it.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    ...or not.

Parento was the only server available so I guess that's it.

I've joined this server too. :) My char name is kyub

Well I rolled a mage but the mana regen is some kind of joke, almost non existent. No way could I level with this kind of downtime.

So back out and I guess I'll try a scout now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Tr1PoD

If you got to skills menu and actions tab then is a rest skill. Just drag it to your action bar. Will refill your mana very fast. You also get a skill later called mana treatment that uses a cheap consumable to give you back mana.

Advertisement