Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion - Anyone in the pre order beta ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What factions people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Asmodian for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

+1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm downloading it through Steam at the moment, but am working till 7am tomorrow. Give you first impressions when your finished playing for the night. I plan to spend most of the night reading about it.

So far it is incredibly polished,stunning graphics for an mmo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Wait until you guys see the lake just outside Aldelle Village. When I first saw it in CB my jaw dropped. :) So anyone want to meet up or whats the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

can you only play the OB if you pre-ordered

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How's the game running for most people? Hoping my system can handle at least medium to high settings, but not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I'm currently a level 8 scout and my first impressions are the game is super polished for a beta. I had expected it to be given it had already been out in Korea for a while.
    The UI is amazing for the stage the game is at, the quests are the same old stuff as every other mmo but every now and then there's a cool movie sequence just to liven your interest.
    The combat system is pretty damn awesome I think, with the scout I find myself circling enemies until I have moves on cooldowns then stopping to increase damage... long gone the days of standing still whacking a mob to death :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

What server is everyone going to be on ? im just messin around with the char creater till the head start.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    How's the game running for most people? Hoping my system can handle at least medium to high settings, but not too sure.

Performance is fantastic.
    Im running it maxxed out, thats what the game auto detected for me..
    4 x fsaa etc running at 1920X1080 never drop below 40 fps with a lot of players onscreen, averaging between 60-90 or so.

Im running a quad core rig, 4 gig ddr and ati 4870 1gig mb card.
    Messing round with a priest atm, probably as all mmos ill have a healer as a main.
    I must try out the other classes, played warrior till lvl 4, seems fun.
    Animation and combat is silky smooth.
    Totally loving the game so far, more than happy i preordered.

Anyone having issues registering on the aion official forums?
    WHen i enter details it says i need an active account , the thing is i have one .

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jaymes420

does anybody know when Aion time cards will be available?, i rang Game, and gamestop this morning and both places had nothing on their computers about Aion, wondering if time cards will be available on the 25th...im doubting it..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

jaymes420 wrote: »
    does anybody know when Aion time cards will be available?, i rang Game, and gamestop this morning and both places had nothing on their computers about Aion, wondering if time cards will be available on the 25th...im doubting it..:(

Have a look on offgamers they sell them and the cd keys.

As for the game it was pretty damm smooth server launch last night, however there was a lag issue for about 15mins on spatalos, which they sorted out in a couple of minutes.

The rest of the gameplay fairly straight loving the graphics on it, paid of using the cry engine for that big time.

I have seen a couple of clips of the 5man bosses man they look sweet, rolled a scout at the start and played up to level 7, then I started to level my cleric really enjoy playing a not so squishy healer.
    Also it doesn't take all day to kill a mob even as a healer :)

Might stick with my cleric really like this class so far.

System specs
    i7 920
    6Gb of DDR3
    2x 260GTX
    64Gb samsung sdds
    no problems playing it at max settings

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jaymes420

thanks, took note of that, i got onto a server today, downloaded a launcher called Aion-enzura but unfortunately everything was in Korean, so couldn't do much, but it was nice to have a wander around, its shaping up to be a epic game,

Advertisement