Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W.A.S.P are coming BACK!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, it's over early as there is some other event at the Academy that night too.

Doors are at 6.00 and the current W.A.S.P tour setlist is quiet short, only 11 songs. Here is last night's W.A.S.P Setlist.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

W.A.S.P. are scheduled for 8.30pm - 10pm (curfew) ... recent gigs they've been playing approx 75 - 80mins worth of set. So don't stay in the pub and stroll around at 9-ish ....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

That setlist is a bit **** to be honest, too short and what the hell is heavens hung in black doing in the encore? (although i think he did that last year too)

Hope the crowd is as mad for this as last year, would hate to see it go the way of metallica, when people just get bored. Maybe if the vrowd is up for it they will play some of the headless children and electric circus. Some savage songs on them albums.

Dying For tomorrow now haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Looking forward to it too especially after Volbeat was cancelled:(

I like that setlist, dying to hear Crazy live, I saw them at Sonisphere but they didnt play it. Roll on tomo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Didn't get a ticket this year (wonder if I still can?) but they were brilliant last year. The bit at the end were Blackie seemed to be (without explicitly saying it) thanking God for the audience was a bit wierd though, but fair play to him if he's happy in life.

Why hasn't he written an auto-biography or a book yet? I'd love to read some more of his fictional material like in 'The Crimson Idol' and 'The Neon God'.

• Advertisement

Didn't get a ticket this year (wonder if I still can?)

I dont have a ticket yet either but I believe there will be an option to pay at the door ... selling well but not sold out. Hope that helps ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Didn't get a ticket this year (wonder if I still can?) but they were brilliant last year. The bit at the end were Blackie seemed to be (without explicitly saying it) thanking God for the audience was a bit wierd though, but fair play to him if he's happy in life.

Why hasn't he written an auto-biography or a book yet? I'd love to read some more of his fictional material like in 'The Crimson Idol' and 'The Neon God'.
    I read recently that he actually is quite religious these days and for that reason has said that he will never play Animal live again, along with some other songs from that period.

No ticket here either, but I was listening to some stuff last night and the temptation is becoming too great, think a book & collect is in order!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

Pretty good gig, very "active" moshpit.
    Short enough gig as mentioned above (75-80 mins of music)
    Blackie's looking well these days isn't he?

e-gall-elvira-395x298.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Did anyone else see Kat Von D at the gig last nite?

W.A.S.P. – “30 Years of Thunder” Anniversary Tour - Vicar St, Sept 2012 (provisonal - TBC)

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50177&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Sweet, thanks for that.
    Won't be in Ireland anymore at that time, but good to know they'll be touring.

W.A.S.P. 30 Years Of Thunder Anniversary Tour Details :

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=933846#933846
    DME Presents

W.A.S.P.
    '30 Years Of Thunder' Anniversary Tour

Vicar St, Dublin
    Tuesday 25th September 2012
    7pm

14+ Show - Under 18's accompanied by an adult

Tickets €30 including fees from www.ticketmaster.ie & outlets nationwide (on sale Friday 10th Feb @ 9am)

On September 21st 2012 W.A.S.P. will begin the “30 Years of Thunder” anniversary Tour starting in the United Kingdom and continuing worldwide!!

This World Tour will be the biggest spectacle W.A.S.P. have ever created. The two hour show will consist of three parts. The 1st one hour set contain songs from the first four albums. The second set will be a 25 minute shortened version of “The Crimson Idol” complete with the movie accompaniment. A third set will consist of material from the New Studio Album, older material and everything in between. This show will see multiple video screens, pyrotechnics, and elements from the early W.A.S.P. shows (maybe even an exploding cod piece) and Blackie’s moving microphone stand “Elvis”!

The “30 Years of Thunder” World Tour - This promises to be the Greatest W.A.S.P. Show Ever !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Definitely going to this,always a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

hmmm...I may go to this. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

i'm so goin to this!!! the shows are always a crazy good time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Meh, not sure if I'd be bothered this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

Saw them in the Top Hat Dun Leary in 89 I think on the Headless tour and at Donni in 92 with Maiden. This should be a good night out for old times sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Me neither..I don't like the Crimson Idol stuff live at all to be honest. Really boring. Could do without all the video screens and crap onstage too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

When they say material from the new album, are they on about Babylon or is there a new album due this year?

The Babylon tour was very good though and some of the songs from that album were brilliant live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

ARE YOU GOING TO WASP?
    ARE YOU GOING TO WASP?
    ARE YOU GOING TO WASP?
    ARE YOU GOING TO WASP?

• Advertisement

F*ck you dar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkey_Pirate

F*ck you dar :D

Have you eaten too many candles or something? YOU USED TO BE HARDCORE!!!

LO! VE! ALL I NEEDS MY LOVE MACHINE OH!

F*ck you monkey pirate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,070 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Saw them last night in Manchester - amazing!

And they saved the best till last (Blind In Texas).

Already dug out 'The Crimson Idol' for a spin later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Dublin was great too, and a pretty good turnoout. Made a very late decision to go and I'm glad I did.

Advertisement