Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laser Card - PIN??

Options
  • 02-07-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    Im with BOI. I had a second level account until monday when I went in and changed it to a normal current a/c and applied for a laser card. I got the laser card this morning. Will the PIN be the sme as my old 365 ATM card I used with the 2nd level a/c??

Thanks
    Dean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    Im with BOI. I had a second level account until monday when I went in and changed it to a normal current a/c and applied for a laser card. I got the laser card this morning. Will the PIN be the sme as my old 365 ATM card I used with the 2nd level a/c??

Thanks
    Dean.

No, expect the pin along shortly

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Actually, it could be the same. Usually the PIN will arrive first, then the card a few days later. When a staff member is issuing out a Laser where previously only an ATM card was on the account, they have the option of either starting from scratch and inputting details for an entirely new card, or simply 'changing the card type'.

If it was the former, then both a new card and a new PIN will issue. In the case of the latter, a new card will issue which has the same PIN as the existing one. Best bet is go to your nearest BOI ATM and try to do a balance check or withdrawal on your account. If the machine allows you do this with your old PIN, then you have your answer.

Advertisement