Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part 4 Agreement

Options
  • 02-07-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I will be signing a lease agreement tomorrow. The agent says he is drawing up a Part 4 Agreement. I have never rented before, is there any kind of gotcha's that I should look out for? I've asked him to put in a clause saying I can give notice after 6 months and leave without penalty. Anything else I should try to get in there or look out for? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That sounds a bit wonky. A part 4 tenancy is where there is no lease. He may be that he is just going to put in the defaults and there won't be a fixed minimum period.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Victor wrote: »
    That sounds a bit wonky. A part 4 tenancy is where there is no lease. He may be that he is just going to put in the defaults and there won't be a fixed minimum period.

think the OP has confused their terminology. once its not a fixed term lease whic it doesnt appear to be then it will be a part 4 agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

D3PO wrote: »
    think the OP has confused their terminology. once its not a fixed term lease whic it doesnt appear to be then it will be a part 4 agreement

Probably I'm confused alright :) Yes Part 4 agreement was what the agent called it. I suppose it's all standard stuff and they said they would go through with me the parts they change. Just wondering if anyone with more knowledge in these areas had any advise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TheBigGuy

under the residential tenancies 2004 your become entitled to a part 4 tenancy after being in thr property for 6 months it basically allows you to remain there for 4 years provided you dont break any of your obligations. follwing the part 4 tenancy you are then entitled to a further part 4 tenancy.

i think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

TheBigGuy wrote: »
    under the residential tenancies 2004 your become entitled to a part 4 tenancy after being in thr property for 6 months it basically allows you to remain there for 4 years provided you dont break any of your obligations. follwing the part 4 tenancy you are then entitled to a further part 4 tenancy.

i think

this relates t if your in a fixed term lease which expires thus moving your rights into part 4.

the op is referring to a new rental agreement. which basically sounds like a standard part 4 agreement i.e rental agreement without a fixed term attached.

OP sounds pretty normal, just read through the agreement.

suggestions for you befor emoving in are to get an itimised inventory list with description on condition of said list from the agents also suggest you take pictures of the condition just incase when moving out your confronted with the line that deposit is being kept for damage beyond wear and tear :)

good luck with the new place

• Advertisement
Advertisement