Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection Policy - Medical Report

Options
  • 02-07-2009 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi all

Does anyone have experience of submitting a Mort Prot Policy where you list your height/weight details and its outside the "norm"

I have been advised that I may have to get med reports , be referred to an indep doctor etc etc.

Am apparently 1 stone over what is deemed appropriate for these policies for my height , which I think is somewhat unfair as I play rugby and do a lot of weight lifting, I am also reasonably fit. I dont live in mcdonalds !!

Rather not have to go thru med hoops as I gather it may take time, prolong the process and even result in an extra amt being added to the cost.

Any advice/experiences etc would be appreciated!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It seems to be pretty standard nowadays and you might be refused cover if you don't do it. Being a stone overweight shouldn't be a problem - they're far more interested in your medical history and that of your family.

Advertisement