Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice Restaurant for lunch in Dublin

Options
  • 02-07-2009 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,

I'll be taking the mrs. to dublin for a day's shopping and a night on the town in the next few weeks. She has the shopping thing sussed herself as she likes Grafton Street and I have the night's entertainment sorted with the u2 gig.

But I'm looking for somewhere special fo lunch to top it off - don't mind paying a bit extra as we don't get out much these days - we both like Indian, Italian but not Chinese food - any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Salamanca beside the Trocadero on Andrew St is a nice spot for lunch, Trinity end of Grafton St, take a left and walk for 2 mins. Tapas restaurant. http://www.salamanca.ie/homepage.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Peploes on the green is really really good. Check out the Dublin forum, some old threads there with great recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not really a "Thing to do in...", moved to DC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭candy_pants

Roly's Bistro in Ballsbridge is great value for lunch. I think I'm right in saying the SET lunch is around the 22 euro mark for a 3 course lunch which is pretty much the same menu as their dinner so they're not cutting back on quality. http://www.rolysbistro.ie/irl_lunch.htm
    Obviously Ballsbridge is a bit far from town (only around 10 mins in taxi) but definately worth going a bit further out. You have to have the beef if you decide to go!

I like Siam Thai too, which is just across from Salamanca as mentioned above. Really good thai food, even though the place is essentially a chain it does some of the best thai food (I love the tamarind duck)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer Street is a nice spot for a civilised lunch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I had a lovely lunch recently in the Pig's Ear on Nassau Street - some of the nicest food i've had in Dublin in a long time.

http://www.thepigsear.com/01%20Home%20Paged%20Sliced/home_page.html

Note: it's up a couple of flights of stairs, so not good if anyone you're going with hasn't great mobility.

Lovely view from the window across the road to the cricket pitch in Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

There is the Steps of Rome on Chatham Court. It's a pretty popular place, not fancy or any thing though. Quality pizza for those who like Italian food.
    Review from the Indo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

hamrog wrote: »
    any advice would be appreciated.
    Do a search, it's been covered many times in-depth previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Also, www.menupages.ie is quite handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

KC61 wrote: »
    Also, www.menupages.ie is quite handy!
    Handy for listings, not reliable for reviews.

• Advertisement
Advertisement