Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father, it's been 3 months since I last checked me balls

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

it is one of those things that our department of health fails on dramatically.

True can't actually think of seeing a DOH advertisement about it ever, when you consider how much is pumped into breast check (not in any way taking away from breast cancer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

It kinda creeps me out when she takes a bite out of the plum at the end!

Is there an age when you should start checking regularly? I'm 21 and would have the odd check from time to time but not religiously (definitely the wrong choice of word :P). And how regularly is regularly, once a day, week, month?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

Checked last week or the week before, just a gentle roll around the testicles and checking the skins, thats what the instructional video taught me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

christ I cant remember the last time I checked (Gonna do it now though!)
    Every year i see ad's for the testicular cancer week and think, "oh yeah, better check the spuds when I get home", but ultimately never do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I always checked regularly so am convinced that when i did find my right one had gone quite hard that it had happened pretty quikly. I was just after turning 28, fit, healthy etc. It was stage one and after having it removed ive not had any more problems. Normally it will be a bump but just so u know it may not be. Mine felt a third bigger and very hard. I used to compare them when I checked but i cant anymore :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

HEY GUYS, Don't forget the ole Prostate there.

I know guys must check their balls and all, and that self examination is a must, but surely you can self examine your prostate:eek: or get the maith an cailin to do it for you:D.

How hard can it be??

What exactly does the Doc look for when he goes a diggin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't check mine as often as I should.

Being honest I find mine to be quite sensitive, I really don't like to go poking and prodding as I find it uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

tallaght01 wrote: »
    sometimes it's just that a testicle feels hard.

have you ever actually squeezed a testi? i have. im still alive, but barely. true story. that was by far the most excrutiating pain ever. ill check for lumps etc, when im bored, but never for "hardness".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Alun wrote: »
    I do it every now and then, when I remember, but have to confess I'm not 100% sure what it is I'm really looking for.

This is what your looking for. If you find this lump on your balls then go to the doc asap

http://www.absolutely.net/wenn/maize_grill_03_wenn1818840.jpg

Seriously though I check them once a month or so. Had them checked by doc before as was not sure what i found. Thankfully it was nothing serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

your looking for ronan keating on your balls? wha........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Would they be noticeable lumps? Like, if you checked you'd be like "woh, that's odd" or would it be less obvious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's meant to be pea sized from what I remember, but if you find anything get checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Never actually checked before; really it's not something you think of. I guess when you're fairly young you just assume that you're never going to have problems there.

(Although I did have a "torsion" when I was 16. That was unpleasant. :()

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I often check mine.

Had a bit of a scare this week. Noticed the left one Shrunk a bit and I started to feel some pain.

Went to the doc. Told him what was wrong. Said since its smaller rather than bigger its a good thing. Sending me for a scan (But god knows how long that will take) and gave me some tablets in case its an infection in the epi wotsit.

Feeling much better since I got the Tablets. Thinking of getting a second opinion after I read about this http://www.vhi.ie/hfiles/hf-677.jsp (self diagnosis:pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Check myself every week in the shower at the weekend. Have done so for quite a few years now, glad that i do too.

Advertisement