Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races Accommodation (asking/offering)

Options
  • 02-07-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of cheap Accommodation for over the galway races weekend? (Thur 30th July to Mon 3rd August)

Ive tried a couple of places and they are either all booked up or else charging an arm and leg! :rolleyes:

There are two groups of us.. 2people in one and 5people in the other but we are all together and are looking somewhere that is cheap for the weekend just.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Why not chance looking up some places that are available for rent on daft. They might be happy to rent out a house/apartment for the week for a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I rented out my city centre house last year during the races, I pretty much always go away for it anyway. My mate that lived there too just moved in with his girlfriend for the week. We got quite a few happy nights in the pubs for the money :D

OP, try the hostels like Kinlay House etc

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pf85

Ive tried Kinlay House and Sleepzone but they are both booked up.. well sleepzone still has 4bed male rooms available apart from the friday nite which is a pitty- stayed there once before and it was good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 galway2

Try the western on prospect hill. I've heard they have just taken over some apartments around the eyre square as well so you might be lucky!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

travelodge tuam road?

• Advertisement

Travelodge is fully booked all that weekend also... :(
    travelodge tuam road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

Camp in Ballyloughane Caravan park or see if they have a caravan / mobile home for rent. Close to the track & town.

Thanks Des- ill look into this.. it might be the best option at this stage!
    Des Hynes wrote: »
    Camp in Ballyloughane Caravan park or see if they have a caravan / mobile home for rent. Close to the track & town.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

It doesn't look as if cheap accommodation in Galway city exists that weekend but an earlier suggestion of a house for three nights might be a good bet. I have included a link of available accommodation but the cheapest seems to be €50 per night b&b. You might consider the Algarve where hotel accommodation is around €20 per night. We are still a rip off here in Galway.

http://www.irelandin1.com/resultsSS2.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Clybaun? Or my personal fave - Hanley Oaks :D
    Regarding the latter (which gets knocked a lot on here ;P) You're not living there, if there's room it's walking distance to town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

I just booked a B&B out salthill the maple house for the bank hol weekend and its €40 per person per night so take a look around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

I know this is a total longshot but my bf and myself are going to the Races on the Thursday [one of the busies days I know!] and as it was a last minute arrangement, we need somewhere to stay for the night that's reasonable.

I've checked some of the hotels and one gave over 500Euro as a quote for a double room for the night! That's appalling and shocking - I hope someone wouldn't pay that!!

Has anyone ideas where to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

A. The Galway City Hostel - www.galwaycityhostel.com - 091 566959 - 96 reviews
    B. Sleepzone Hostel Galway - www.sleepzone.ie - 091 566999 - 44 reviews
    C. Kinlay House Hostel Galway - www.kinlaygalway.ie - 091 565 244 - 28 reviews
    D. Claddagh Hostel - www.claddaghhostelgalway.com - 091 533555 - 161 reviews
    E. Snoozles Hostel Galway City - www.snoozleshostelgalway.ie - 091 530 064 - 74 reviews
    F. Salmon Weir Hostel - www.salmonweirhostel.com - 091 561133 - 38 reviews
    G. Barnacles Quay Street House - www.barnacles.ie - 091 568 644 - 22 reviews
    H. Travelodge Hotel Galway - www.travelodge.ie - 091 781 400 - 74 reviews
    I. Nimmos Hostel, Galway - nimmoshostel.com - 091 586661 - 56 reviews
    J. The Mercer Accommodation Group - www.corribvillage.com - 091 527112 - 79 reviews

What he said...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

I have a spare room for 400 tee hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭dougie ward

cow love would you throw in a breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Sure why not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mwall

hi ya im doing b and b for race week we have 4 double rooms 2 en suite and floor beds. we are 1 mile from race course and 3 miles from city , i give as many lifts as i can .

call Michelle on xxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

Don't think it's advised/permitted to give out ph numbers - people need to use the PM function instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No private numbers or mails pls, use the Private Message function instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Claregalway Hotel, it's not far and a really great location, easier to get in from that side too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

It might not be any help to the OP but I'd recommend www.couchsurfing.org as there is quite a few galway members

I've been a member on there for a while and hosted/surfed many times,
    That said it wasnt long before someone was enquiring to stay over that week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kapp

Hi,

We have a brand new family home just opened as B&B for Galway races. 4mins drive to race course (free lifts given to races and town). Simple luxury, friendly and warm atmosphere with huge comfy beds. Dinner available for no extra charge, just warm up yourself at your convenience. Pics available.
    Great rooms with expansive views and plenty of room to put in more beds for group sharing. Honest, fun people wanted! How about 40pp sharing (1st time 'open for business' offer :->)

Thanks
    Kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 confusterino

Hi there, I have rooms available during the Galway Races. prices range from €25 to €40 euro per room per night. continental breakfast included. Based in Oranmore, 5 min walk to the village, 10 min drive to the race course.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Magnus wrote: »
    No private numbers or mails pls, use the Private Message function instead.

This is a rule. Follow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mwall

Hi all i have some availability left for race week in Galway 1 mile from course , 3 miles from city, full irish , lifts, peaceful area. PM me for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kbentley_1

ive got a large single room available for rent for the week of the races in eyre square couldnt be any closer to the town, 300 for the week, send me a message if anyones interested

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bcos

My sister has a house in ballybane and would consider renting rooms fpr race week, has a spare sinlgle and double room.PM for details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rgray

I have a house that is 5 min walk to Galway City Centre and 5 min walk to Salthill. It has 2 double bedrooms, 1 single room, and if need be comfy couches to sleep on. It has all mod cons + 1 parking space.
    Ideal Race Week Accomodation.
    Private Message me if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 willie mason

Hi.
    Looking for accommodation for Thursday to Saturday (4 nights) for 4-5 people. I'll take a place for the week if that's all that's available. PM me please.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I hope you are all declaring income received to revenue ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement