Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races Accommodation (asking/offering)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 surf poppins

kapp wrote: »
    Hi,

We have a brand new family home just opened as B&B for Galway races. 4mins drive to race course (free lifts given to races and town). Simple luxury, friendly and warm atmosphere with huge comfy beds. Dinner available for no extra charge, just warm up yourself at your convenience. Pics available.
    Great rooms with expansive views and plenty of room to put in more beds for group sharing. Honest, fun people wanted! How about 40pp sharing (1st time 'open for business' offer :->)

Thanks
    Kelly

hi kelly,
    great to see your add..my friend and i are looking for accomadation for the wednesday and thursaday of race week..we are defo honest fun girls looking and bringing some craic and laugh to galway!!! as the summer wouldnt be the same if we didnt go to the galway races..great if ye still have availability!!!
    surf poppins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 surf poppins

hi rgray,
    2 irish cailini here looking for accomadation for next wednesday and thursday of galway race week!!!as the summer wouldnt be the same if we didnt go to the races!first time using this site..would be great if you could get back to me..
    thanks a mill!!!
    surf poppins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 breda206

Hi all,

My dad has a 3 bedroom house available in Ballybane during race week and for August. PM me or you could reply to his ad on www.daft.ie/610893. It's only a 2 minute drive from Ballybrit!

His rates are negotiable and he would like to rent for a week but would consider letting for 3 days or so....

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 naidy123

Hey all
    Last minute decision to forget all about the recession for a few days and head to Galway from Friday 31st to Sun 2nd. Looking for City centre lodgings in city centre for 2/4girls:) any body with an apt to let for the weekend would be great. You'll hardly know we are there! PM me if you know of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Folski

Hi all.
    Heading up tomorrow in need of something anything would do, pm me if you have anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

Corrib Village had a few double rooms. I booked a room for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Folski

Corrib Village had a few double rooms. I booked a room for the night.

How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mwall

hi i still have rooms sat sun pm me if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mayolass

Hi there

Would anyone know of an apartment to rent for 4 girls for the Galway Races.
    From Wed 28th to Sat 31st, 3 nights. Walking distance from the city Centre
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Andrea88

mayolass,try daft.ie

im going doing b&b race week if anyone else is interested,have 4bedrooms,2 double,2single. In claregalway so ideal location only 5mins from racecourse and even better a bus leaves every half hour from hotel right next door,to and from the course! pm if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 the spoofer

Looking for 4 single rooms ensuite from the Monday to Saturday in the Salthill area for my staff.The websites seem to only have hotels(min 200e) or very expensive B & B's(100e)..If we had to split as in 2 B & B's that would be fine.Can anyone help please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Looking for 4 single rooms ensuite from the Monday to Saturday in the Salthill area for my staff.The websites seem to only have hotels(min 200e) or very expensive B & B's(100e)..If we had to split as in 2 B & B's that would be fine.Can anyone help please ?

Good luck finding anything cheaper than that for race week in Salthill, are you spoofing?
    Try http://www.discoverireland.com/us/accommodation/listings/

You may be right maybe I should say anywhere in the city.I just thought the fact we would block book the rooms including the quieter mon-tue -wed nights the value should be better .Thanks anyway : )

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

You may be right maybe I should say anywhere in the city.I just thought the fact we would block book the rooms including the quieter mon-tue -wed nights the value should be better .Thanks anyway : )

Sorry dude. My adivse would be to book ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

If you want somewhere really cheap you could stay in Nimmos hostel beside Roisín Dubh. That being said, it's pretty awful. I went to the Galway races twice. One time I stayed there the other time I stayed in a B + B in Salthill.
    If you want a cheap B + B there are a few of them in Salthill, I can't remember the names though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

I can't help with the b+bs I'm afraid but it may be worth looking at a few short term lettings of apartments around or the student villages - may be a cheaper option.

i can tell you for a fact you wont get singles in b&B's during race week, not going to happen

parents have a B&B in Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Try Loughrea

• Registered Users Posts: 6 foramoondance

Try renting a house (www.Daft.ie) instead ? PS I'm always rent my house out for Race Week, its a 4 bed/ 3 bedroom house but its 5 minutes from Kinvara.

I HOPE IT DOESN'T SOUND AS IF I CANT BE PLEASED !AS ITS RACEWEEK AND THE STAFF TAKE A JAR I WOULD LIKE IF I COULD TO LET THEM STAY IN THE CITY.I CANT BELIEVE THAT ITS SO HARD TO GET THE ACCOMADATION I NEED.I WOULD SPEND 1600E TO 1800E ON THE B&B.A GUARANTEED BOOKING MON -SAT PAID UP FRONT .MAYBE I'M OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY IN WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR BUT I MUST ADMIT I'M SURPRISED.AS REGARDS RENTING THAT COULD WORK BUT I STILL BELIEVE I'M OFFERING A FAIR PRICE FOR WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR SO I'LL HOLD.THANKS AGAIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 foramoondance

no B&B available for a full-week booking. And if they want a jar you're right to go for town, the boys in blue will be out in force.....

I'm surprised because 4 rooms would be booked for the 3 quieter nights and we would be gone for the two busy nights which they should have no problem filling .Obviously I'm missing something in the commercials ?do they not apply the old rule the bird in the hand is worth two ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Irish people who like to take a jar - every BnB owner's favourite type of customer!

nice one justmary : ) thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 a31

Hi,

I own a modern duplex in Roscam, Galway which is a couple of minutes from the racecourse in Galway. This will be available to rent for race week. It is clean and comfortable, has all the modern amenities and has safe parking.
    It would sleep 5 comfortably, with 2 double rooms and 1 single.
    Bed linen and towels are provided.
    If this sounds like it might suit PM.

Angie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 McBain!

I have two double rooms in my house on Headford Road available for Race Week.
    If anyone is interested, please msg me for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

i was thinking about advertising some rooms in my house as a B&B for the week but i was wondering would it be complicated to pull off at this late stage. i live 7 kilomotres from the racecourse on the opposite direction than town.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

First time in about 3 years I don't know anyone living in Galway and I'm gonna neeed soem form of shelter for Weds/Thurs nite. If we didn't get somewhere; aside from pulling someone who has a room, is there anywhere to sleep [Ceannt Station?] or should I pack the tent?

Yes I'm too poor to afford €50 a night. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

cson wrote: »
    First time in about 3 years I don't know anyone living in Galway and I'm gonna neeed soem form of shelter for Weds/Thurs nite. If we didn't get somewhere; aside from pulling someone who has a room, is there anywhere to sleep [Ceannt Station?] or should I pack the tent?

Yes I'm too poor to afford €50 a night. :p

Maybe you shouldn't go?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement