Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races Accommodation (asking/offering)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 McBain!

cson wrote: »
    First time in about 3 years I don't know anyone living in Galway and I'm gonna neeed soem form of shelter for Weds/Thurs nite. If we didn't get somewhere; aside from pulling someone who has a room, is there anywhere to sleep [Ceannt Station?] or should I pack the tent?

Yes I'm too poor to afford €50 a night. :p

I have two double rooms in my house on Headford Road that may be available.
    Let me know if you're stuck and Im sure we can work something out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Maybe you shouldn't go?

Ah I've the days booked off and the bus paid for [€2 thank you kindly citylink] so fook it I'll try and go if I can. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

cson wrote: »
    Ah I've the days booked off and the bus paid for [€2 thank you kindly citylink] so fook it I'll try and go if I can. :D

You can't afford a room for the night, but can afford an evening at the races??:confused:

zarquon wrote: »
    You can't afford a room for the night, but can afford an evening at the races??:confused:

I'll put it to you this way; having kipped on the floor/couch the last two times I went I'm kind of adverse to paying €50 a night for a bed. Unfortunately I've no mates living in Galway this year. :(

McBain! wrote: »
    I have two double rooms in my house on Headford Road that may be available.
    Let me know if you're stuck and Im sure we can work something out

Sound I'll let you know by PM soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 moyne hill

I have a 2 bed apartment in Oranmore , So its never to late to book for the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

T Hend, any more attitude from you and all your posts will be removed and you'll be banned from posting.
    We are allowing you to earn money for free by letting you post here, the least we expect is for you to behave!

More hope than expectation this;

Right myself and a mate are looking for a double somewhere walkable from Eyre Square for Weds & Thurs nite - i.e. Renmore is grand, Oranmore is not.

So if anyone has 1 double [or single] room free Weds & Thurs there'll be €100 in total for you. PM me if anyone is offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Am I right in thinking taxis are also going to be doubling their prices and fleecing people where possible ?
    I avoid Galway on race week so I honestly don't know.

I am trying to find accom. for two Americans for one night coming into town on a matter completely unrelated to the races. They'll need taxis from the airport on Galway Plate day. I'm starting to think 1 night in Galway will cost the equivalent of 1 week anywhere else in Ireland. :o

Is there any hotel not doubling or tripling prices???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mrpig

chilly wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking taxis are also going to be doubling their prices and fleecing people where possible ?
    I avoid Galway on race week so I honestly don't know.

I am trying to find accom. for two Americans for one night coming into town on a matter completely unrelated to the races. They'll need taxis from the airport on Galway Plate day. I'm starting to think 1 night in Galway will cost the equivalent of 1 week anywhere else in Ireland. :o

Is there any hotel not doubling or tripling prices???

Taxis treble fares as standard. Hotels treble prices. The pints cost €11 and a burger and chips in Supermacs will cost you £13.99 sterling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mrpig

mrpig wrote: »
    Taxis treble fares as standard. Hotels treble prices. The pints cost €11 and a burger and chips in Supermacs will cost you £13.99 sterling.

But there is money for nothing and chicks for free.

Tbh, you're better off walking. Traffic comes to a standstill for the week.
    It took us longer to get to the racecourse by bus than by walking home only time I tried the bus from Eyre sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

biko wrote: »
    Tbh, you're better off walking. Traffic comes to a standstill for the week.
    It took us longer to get to the racecourse by bus than by walking home only time I tried the bus from Eyre sq.

Yeah I know. Its just the people I'm trying to organise transport for will have equipment etc. Walking from Carnmore might be a bit of a tall order :D
    I rang the taxi company. Apparently normal meter rates apply but because of the traffic it'll probably be more expensive than average.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

www.daft.ie/614442

Apartments in Ballybrit....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

Hey Guys ,

I have two twin rooms to let out race week in my home , Its on the headford road and only 1.5 mile to the races and the city center, €80 euro per room per night, Bed and shower, Pm if you want any more info, will do deal if more than 2 nights ,

Regards

Rebecca

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I've heard a couple of hotels have dropped their prices significantly for race week due to low demand.
    I know we were discussing two at work yesterday but cant for the life of me remember which two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vctr_

Hi, I totally agree. Some hotels can be very expensive, especially in the City. I love the races and go every year. I stay in the Galway Bay Hotel every year and it is worth every penny. I am thinking icon3.gifif your American friends want to experience Galway but not its maddness on race week you should def send them out to salthill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Where are you getting those prices from :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

anyone interested i have 1 double room i could rent for a few nights includes wifi if you have a laptop i'll be here also and ya can drink till it comes out of your ears,very quiet place also parking 2 minutes drive from ballybrit or when the traffic gets busy it's only about 15 minute walk to ballybrit,pm me for more details..

ballybane area

T Hend, as I said earlier. Posts removed and banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

anyone know of any hotels in the city for Tuesday 20th which would have a gym/swimming pool/sauna jacuzzi ??

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

2 double rooms available from tuesday 19th in clean, modern house in very central but quiet location literally 2 minutes walk from quay street. I'll still be in the house and I'm working all race-week so no mad parties unfortunately! Still it's a nice place and very handy for town....

I'd be looking for around €90 per night per room. If you are interested PM me and we'll sort something out. Pictures, maps etc. available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Loveinit

I have a 3 bed house that sleeps 5. Its in a great location for the races. Chack out Daft.ie www.daft.ie/614387. Fun times just around the corner. Still available and very reasonable. Get in touch fast...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stephenfc

pf85 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know of cheap Accommodation for over the galway races weekend? (Thur 30th July to Mon 3rd August)

Ive tried a couple of places and they are either all booked up or else charging an arm and leg! :rolleyes:

There are two groups of us.. 2people in one and 5people in the other but we are all together and are looking somewhere that is cheap for the weekend just.

HI, i might have accommodation to suit, you are 7 adults for 4 night's, i have a house in corrandulla village, approx 8 miles to racecourse, local pub (accross the road) do bus run's to and from racecourse, 800 euros all in, let me know by phone or text, stephen 0874176035

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dee100

I know this is a total longshot but my bf and myself are going to the Races on the Thursday [one of the busies days I know!] and as it was a last minute arrangement, we need somewhere to stay for the night that's reasonable.

I've checked some of the hotels and one gave over 500Euro as a quote for a double room for the night! That's appalling and shocking - I hope someone wouldn't pay that!!

Has anyone ideas where to stay?
    Hi guys! I know a friend of mine who may be able to help if there is a large group of you looking for accommodation for Race Week. He has a large house right close to city centre and (sleeps up to 10 people) all sinle rooms with on-suites in some. I've no doubt he would be able to assist you at a reasonable cost. if you want you can PM me and I will pass you on his details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

Hi,

Ive a one bedroom granny flat (Double bed En-Suite) approx 1 mile Eyre Square and approx 1 Mile to Racetrack in a quiet residential area, the Trappers bar is 5 minutes walk, the best of both worlds as paddy power would say.

Its got wifi broadband, Cable TV, Electric Shower etc.
    Parking on the street available

Suit Couple Price 500 for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Hi,

Ive a one bedroom granny flat (Double bed En-Suite) approx 1 mile Eyre Square and approx 1 Mile to Racetrack in a quiet residential area, the Trappers bar is 5 minutes walk, the best of both worlds as paddy power would say.

Its got wifi broadband, Cable TV, Electric Shower etc.
    Parking on the street available

Suit Couple Price 500 for the week

Lawnmower Man I might be interested in this but only for the Wed or Thurs nights at the right price. Let me know if that is of any interest to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sceal

Hi, I have a house to rent near Kinvara, which is available for Galway Race week, you can view it on http://www.daft.ie/2924972 or phone me <snip> for further details, price etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dee100

kippy wrote: »
    I've heard a couple of hotels have dropped their prices significantly for race week due to low demand.
    I know we were discussing two at work yesterday but cant for the life of me remember which two.
    Ermm! dont know where you heard that one kippy...advance bookings for race week are actually UP by 20% and the cheapest hotel now available is €238 per night....for a SINGLE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sheilas

Owner run B&B, adjacent to Galway City and Salthill. All rooms en Suite, prices start from €40 p.p.s.

pm me for phone no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement