Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races Accommodation (asking/offering)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Sheilas wrote: »
    Owner run B&B, adjacent to Galway City and Salthill. All rooms en Suite, prices start from €40 p.p.s.

pm me for phone no.

No offence but I don't know how you can describe yourself as adjacent to Galway City if you're also adjacent to Salthill. That's pretty much like saying Lucan is adjacent to Dublin City.

Where are you, Fr Griffin Rd or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dee100

cson wrote: »
    No offence but I don't know how you can describe yourself as adjacent to Galway City if you're also adjacent to Salthill. That's pretty much like saying Lucan is adjacent to Dublin City.

Where are you, Fr Griffin Rd or what?
    CSON, my son your 'caravan travels' have quiet obviously, not frequently at least it woulsd seem, taken you to Galway city or indeed Salthill. If you must know, once you leave the city at the end of Fr Griffin Road 9The Crescent/Lower Salthill) then you immediately enter Salthill. So to answer your rather impertinent question, yes you can be adjacent to both. To compare Sheilas description of her location as similar to Lucan/Dublin (Lucan is 15km from Dublin city centre and is in County Dublin, not city) is being a bit smart. Therefore Sheila would in my opinion, be better off without your particular type of 'attituded' custom! Try somewhere else to park that caravan!

Hi guys, a friend of mine has a house right beside the University (Newcastle), 10 mins walk from town. Buses & taxi rank right outside the front door. He has 7 bedrooms and I know the house is still available (but not for long). Hes looking for a group of between 6 and 10. That would be cheap for the week as he charges between €1500 and €2000 for the whole week. Hel'l cut a deal if theres less of you or if your only staying a few nights. Tel:0879667344.

pf85 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know of cheap Accommodation for over the galway races weekend? (Thur 30th July to Mon 3rd August)

Ive tried a couple of places and they are either all booked up or else charging an arm and leg! :rolleyes:

There are two groups of us.. 2people in one and 5people in the other but we are all together and are looking somewhere that is cheap for the weekend just.

Hi guys, a friend of mine has a house right beside the University (Newcastle), 10 mins walk from town. Buses & taxi rank right outside the front door. He has 7 bedrooms and I know the house is still available (but not for long). Hes looking for a group of between 6 and 10. That would be cheap for the week as he charges between €1500 and €2000 for the whole week. Hel'l cut a deal if theres less of you or if your only staying a few nights. Tel:0879667344.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dee100 wrote: »
    Ermm! dont know where you heard that one kippy...advance bookings for race week are actually UP by 20% and the cheapest hotel now available is €238 per night....for a SINGLE!

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sheepsmac10

Hi all, I have a place to rent for race week and the week after. It's a two bed apartment in Central Salthill which is pretty close to the City Centre (a lot closer than Lucan is to Dublin anyway!). I'm looking for about a grand a week, so let me know if there is any interest. Thanks.

Dee100 wrote: »
    CSON, my son your 'caravan travels' have quiet obviously, not frequently at least it woulsd seem, taken you to Galway city or indeed Salthill. If you must know, once you leave the city at the end of Fr Griffin Road 9The Crescent/Lower Salthill) then you immediately enter Salthill. So to answer your rather impertinent question, yes you can be adjacent to both. To compare Sheilas description of her location as similar to Lucan/Dublin (Lucan is 15km from Dublin city centre and is in County Dublin, not city) is being a bit smart. Therefore Sheila would in my opinion, be better off without your particular type of 'attituded' custom! Try somewhere else to park that caravan!

Relax, I was only asking for clarification to be honest. Salthill is a pretty big place and even if you were on the Fr Griffin Rd it's still a nice bit into the City centre. The Lucan example is a bit of an exaggeration but all the same if someone had staye don the basis of it being close to the city would they be happy to find out they're a 20-25min walk from Eyre Square?

Its the same as saying you're adjacent to Inchicore and Dublin City Centre when your B&B is in Kilmainham.

Anyway I'm still on the look out for a bed/couch/floor and this argument isn't helping matters :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

cson wrote: »
    Relax, I was only asking for clarification to be honest. Salthill is a pretty place and even if you were on the Fr Griffin Rd it's still a nice bit into the City centre. The Lucan example is a bit of an exaggeration but all the same if someone had staye don the basis of it being close to the city would they be happy to find out they're a 20-25min walk from Eyre Square?

Its the same as saying you're adjacent to Inchicore and Dublin City Centre when your B&B is in Kilmainham.

Anyway I'm still on the look out for a bed/couch/floor and this argument isn't helping matters :(

Is it just yourself? Or are you looking for a group? Also how much are you willing to spend?

Is it just yourself? Or are you looking for a group? Also how much are you willing to spend?

For definite I know that myself and the guy I'm living with will be staying Wed & Thurs night. There's possibly another 6-8 more mates of mine going those days too but I'm not 100% sure about them yet. Seeing as the last 2 times I've gone to the races I've been more than happy to kip on the couch/floor/kitchen sink I really only want to pay the minimum - something like €50-60 per room [or couch!] per night.

It's more in hope than expectation; I imagine we'll be packing the tent this time next week! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I a have 1 bed apartment I can rent to you. Bed sleeps two. Then the couch would sleep one. But I'd want to know before exactly how many people are staying before I agree to anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marklark

Anybody know if there would be any central apartments or houses available at a reasonable rate? Would probably just be for the Wednesday and Thursday nights. 4 or 5 of us considering going down but don't want to stay out of town and not paying any extorionate rates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

bump :

anyone interested i have 1 double room i could rent for a few nights includes wifi if you have a laptop i'll be here also and ya can drink till it comes out of your ears,very quiet place also parking 2 minutes drive from ballybrit or when the traffic gets busy it's only about 15 minute walk to ballybrit,pm me for more details..

ballybane area

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Andrea88

rooms available for race week
    only 3miles from course
    buses to and from race track on your doorstep
    claregalway village
    087-xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 boomb

anyody know if hotels are strict on room numbers? we have a room booked for 5 but may have another one or two bodies with us. Do they have security at reception?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 niall1980

Hi,
    I have a 2 bedroom apartment to rent in the city centre for all of race week.( 2 double rooms and 2 bathrooms) It's 1 minute walk from Eyre Square/ Train station and 3/4 min walk to Shop Street/High St/Quay St.

Linen and towels etc can be provided if you wish. There is 1 secure car park space with it.

If anyone is interested pm me and it is for no more than 4 people.

Thanks

boomb give them a ring and see as there will without a doubt be security

still have rooms available if anyone is interested,very cheap and very close to race course. 087-xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

boomb wrote: »
    anyody know if hotels are strict on room numbers? we have a room booked for 5 but may have another one or two bodies with us. Do they have security at reception?

If you're coming back to the hotel late at night they will probably have security on, checking names against their room list to prevent loads of people staying in one room, I've seen them doing it at several hotels, and not just during race week. If you're back before the bar closes though ye should be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

boomb wrote: »

Yeah, they won't let you in if you're back after say 12.

I have apartments in Ballybrit available, 400 for week or can work a deal for select days......

5 minutes walk from racecourse, right beside the Clayton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

hey,

I worked in hotels for a long time and alot during the races and I can tell you that the hotels are really really strict , there will be security on day and night during the races,

I have 2 twin rooms 1.5 miles from races and city center for rent , €40 per person per night , bed and shower

pm if you want more info

anyone interested i have 1 double room i could rent for a few nights includes wifi if you have a laptop i'll be here also and ya can drink till it comes out of your ears,very quiet place also parking 2 minutes drive from ballybrit or when the traffic gets busy it's only about 15 minute walk to ballybrit,pm me for more details..

ballybane area

get it quick 80 euro for 2 people for 1 night and breakfast

• Advertisement

DOTHEDOG wrote: »

ballybane area

get it quick 80 euro for 2 people for 1 night and breakfast

bump!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

I need a room for 6 girls to stay on thurs 29th comming-race week

Does any one have an empty house , rooms? we could used sleeping bags?

Please let me know, thanks

pm sent noah45

anyone else interested in rooms,still some available on some days

noah45 wrote: »
    I need a room for 6 girls to stay on thurs 29th comming-race week

Does any one have an empty house , rooms? we could used sleeping bags?

Please let me know, thanks

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 perrymason

Looking for a room for Friday night?

perrymason wrote: »
    Looking for a room for Friday night?

pm sent

perrymason
    rooms available for friday night sleep six ideally located only five minutes from race track will pm you more info

• Registered Users Posts: 14 McBain!

Anyone still looking for rooms?
    Have 2 double rooms available all week on Headford Road.
    PM for details

single and double room available in quiet family home very quiet estate

EDIT: Near racecourse ballybane area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Hi, three lads looking for accom. For Wednesday and Thursday evening. Don't really care what it's like once their is a shower and close enough to the town.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement