Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG4 to cover TDF

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

irish-stew wrote: »
    they did show the race

;)

You know what I mean the stages of the Tour! Technical cycling term. Maybe a reason why it isn't all that international. Look did you read my Irish grammar do you think that my English is any better?

How was the tour in Irish for everyone as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Elmo wrote: »
    You know what I mean the stages of the Tour! Technical cycling term. Maybe a reason why it isn't all that international. Look did you read my Irish grammar do you think that my English is any better?

dont worry, wasn't picking on ya, my grammers pretty lousy at times

:D

can't read or speak irish my self, apart from the few words/pharses picked up, but watched bits of the tour on TG4, wasn't bothered about not being able to understand it, was still able to follow it, even with my limited knowledge of pro cycling teams/riders, watched it more for the live coverage, had the live tracker on the TDF website on whilst watching it on the TV and watched the ocasional evening highlights show

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭D!armu!d

Best coverage out there I thought, and very good for keeping track of how Nicholas Roche was doing on each stage.
    Even if your Irish wasn't the best you'd have been able to pick up a fair bit of what they were talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

brilliant didn't understand a word of it apart from agus and armstrong

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭PainIsTemporary

Bhí sé ar fheabhas ceapaim. Ana shimiúl. Bhain mé an taitneamh as. Uaireanta bhí na tráchtairí ag gáire faoi tada. Ana greanmhar ... Tá capall sa pháirc, an bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreas, Gráinne Seoige...srl.

Was actually great for brushing up on the auld Irish. Really enjoyed it. Hats off to em. Same again for 2010.
    [Grammar mightn't be the best above but proud to use the Irish I have :) ]

• Advertisement
Advertisement