Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring balance on credit card

Options
  • 02-07-2009 1:59pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

looking for some advice on transferring credit card to a different compnay. Basically i have a credit card with a high credit limit and its pretty much maxed out at the minute and I just cant afford to throw a big lump sum off it so im looking to transfer it to someone who will give it to me interest free for a few months so i can make some dent in it.

Who is the best to transfer to at the minute and would i be able to keep my current credit limit etc??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No guarantee of keeping your current limit - that's entirely up to the card provider./

I believe at least one card provider (MBNA) has a 10 month interest free offer on one card at the moment. Halifax and various others have 6 month periods.

Advertisement