Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fork Lifts

• 02-07-2009 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I might be looking for a fork lift some time soon. Nothing too big wouldn't need to lift more than 1000Kg (plus a small bit for safety). I'm not bothered whether it's gas, diesel or electric and would be travelling on concrete, but would like to hear any opinions on the various fuels and on the different makes. Also if any one has an idea what to pay for a second hand one as the budget would be very tight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I'd recommend a Nissan 20 or 25. I wouldn't have a clue about cost, but I do know that I've seen several of these take unimaginable abuse and punishment over the last 10 years and they're still going. Personally, I prefer the old 1999-ish Nissan 25 to drive as it's far smoother than the newer one. Thing is, tidy examples of this model will be scarce.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

I'd recommend a Nissan 20 or 25. I wouldn't have a clue about cost, but I do know that I've seen several of these take unimaginable abuse and punishment over the last 10 years and they're still going. Personally, I prefer the old 1999-ish Nissan 25 to drive as it's far smoother than the newer one. Thing is, tidy examples of this model will be scarce.

I can imagine the abuse one of these things would get ok. I might just get out the ol golden pages and see what's out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

We have an old Nissan forklift in the garage.

I dont now how old it is but it has a manual gearbox with a clutch pedal. It is used for lifting truck engines and gearboxes and for pushing and pulling lorries round the yard.

Takes an awesome amount of abuse.

Advertisement