Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Price Galway Races Tickets

Options
  • 02-07-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

William Hill bookmakers in Ballybane have half price tickets for every day of the Galway races. You have to place a 10 Euro bet but you can order as many tickets then as you like. It’s a frenzy down there, Closing day for orders is tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Is that the bookies in where the Super Valu is?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Sign of the times. Bet you could get a half price tent as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Ya up there near supervalu

Tents going cheap too id say
    I heard John Maloney on the TV saying there will be no corp tents this year
    still, there should be the typical buzz up there and around town going by the buzz around town when the boat race was on

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

alibabba wrote: »
    William Hill bookmakers in Ballybane have half price tickets for every day of the Galway races. You have to place a 10 Euro bet but you can order as many tickets then as you like. It’s a frenzy down there, Closing day for orders is tomorrow.

Wonder whether they will ever redecorate the shop........dont think that they have replaced the furniture in there since about 1960!!!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

William hills were doin that last year in all there shops around the country

Does any one have free tickets?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Bit late checking up on this but are any off the other bookies (or anywhere else) offering free or discounted tickets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

alibabba wrote: »
    Ya up there near supervalu

Tents going cheap too id say
    I heard John Maloney on the TV saying there will be no corp tents this year
    still, there should be the typical buzz up there and around town going by the buzz around town when the boat race was on

Big difference between the Races vs. Volvo Stopover

Volvo Stopover was FREE FREE FREE and the entertainment/concerts were FREE FREE FREE and it was also a novelty. Everyone was in a good mood and having the craic, as there was no sh1te to be talked or nothing for arrogant twits to be boasting/spouting sh1te about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

It may not be FREE FREE FREE, but the same craic and good form can be had during Race Week in Galway, and I dont bet it will be any different this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Have the price of the entry to the races come down since last year. If they haven't then John Moloney deserves a right bollokin.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millertime78

I have two spare tickets for Thursday , anyone want to swap them with tickets for Wednesday??? I'm in Galway city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 fatleomessi

Hey Millertime78,

Have you still got these tickets for thursday?? I happen to be in the market for 2 tickets..

Advertisement