Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yorkshire Pie

Options
  • 02-07-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭

This is will be a tricky one for you cyber chefs out there. I want to do yorkshire puddings using my mothers handed-down recipe, but I do not have a cake tray. If I used a caserole dish instead of the cake trays and made a yorkshire 'pie' instead would it work, or would it, as I am worrying, be too spread out to give any real flavour?

Has anyone been in a similar situation, what have you done?

The only alternative that I have, which just occurred to me now, is I have 2 metal cups, about 3 inches high, and 3 inches in diameter. Could I use them to make a Yorkshire (for want of a better word)Muffin?

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Making a pie is not a problem. It's how you would make 'toad in the hole'. Pre heat the oven to HOT. Heat the cassarole dish thouroughly. Add the fat and let it get up to near smoking temprature. Then lift the cassarole out of the oven and put it on to a hot ring so that the fat dosen't lost any heat. Add the batter and get it back into the HOT oven.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

OldGoat wrote: »
    Making a pie is not a problem. It's how you would make 'toad in the hole'. Pre heat the oven to HOT. Heat the cassarole dish thouroughly. Add the fat and let it get up to near smoking temprature. Then lift the cassarole out of the oven and put it on to a hot ring so that the fat dosen't lost any heat. Add the batter and get it back into the HOT oven.

Sweet. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

I dont think the casserole dish will get to as high of a temp than a tin tray. I wiould try the metal cups or knock in and ask a neighbour.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

If your casserole is glass or ceramic don't put it on the hob or on a gas ring - it will almost certainly break and throw hot fat over your feet. Leave it on the oven shelf and slide the shelf out, then pour the batter straight in and shut the oven door.

Advertisement