Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvesting carrots?

Options
  • 02-07-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone know when carrots are ready for harvesting? Would you know by the plant? Our biggest plants are only 4 inches tall and we don't know what to go by. We were hoping to have some with our cabbage and bacon:confused:.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

pull one or two and see how big they are. I need to thin mine out so I pulled some yesterday. Lovely little baby carrots for the pot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Mozart1986

We haven't really got enough. Next year we should have that luxury if all goes to plan. We're beginners. So don't want to pull any before time. Thanks though:D. Enjoy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

what brand of carrot are they? and when did you sow them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Mozart1986

Middle of April, me thinx, but we don't know what type they are. I'm not sure if their doing very well, not enough watering over that dry spell a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Can you grow Carrots all year round in a polytunnell?

• Advertisement

Mozart1986 wrote: »
    Middle of April, me thinx, but we don't know what type they are. I'm not sure if their doing very well, not enough watering over that dry spell a few weeks ago.

once the leaves are still bushy they should be fine. little tip always keep the seed packet, some give you good advice.

I would leave them for another couple of weeks before pulling.

sorry another little thing, look down at the base of the stalk and see how big it is this usally gives you a sign of how big they are.

Advertisement