Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 1943

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I've been waiting for this one for a while.. can't wait either! Just hoping it plays as good as it looks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yes, it's on my must buy. Love the community unlock they put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I was in love with the BF series until BF2 and although it would be alot better on a PC I'm kinda looking forward to the fact that it'll be on the 360. Add something new to the experience.

<- will be picking it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Jim wrote: »
    I was in love with the BF series until BF2 and although it would be alot better on a PC I'm kinda looking forward to the fact that it'll be on the 360. Add something new to the experience.

<- will be picking it up

Its coming to PC as well! I started on BF2 on the pc.. was really let down by bad company even though I still play it! Hopefully this will be more fun.. planes are always good!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I already have the pointe waiting to get this one. Ive not spend an M$ point waiting till this comes out. And now im on holiday when its released so ill have to wait till I get home on the saturday to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Will buy it for my PC - I'm a BF2 addict and had BF1942.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

how much will it be?

1200 points around 15 euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

they were talking about it on the 1up.com podcast - it sounds great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Worth getting if you have never played a BF game before ?

I shy away from Live multiplayer over all the knobjockeys online but might try this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

A "quick look" at the gameplay here
    http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-battlefield-1943/17-914/

Looks interesting..

Flaccus wrote: »
    Worth getting if you have never played a BF game before ?

I shy away from Live multiplayer over all the knobjockeys online but might try this one.

Oh yeah! It supposed to be just "fun" you have unlimited ammo and your health comes back over time.. like in call of duty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

A "quick look" at the gameplay here
    http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-battlefield-1943/17-914/

Looks interesting..

Not sure I like the idea of unlimited ammo. Seems it would take away a tactical element of the game. I'll more than likely pick it up though.

Not sure I like the idea of unlimited ammo. Seems it would take away a tactical element of the game. I'll more than likely pick it up though.

Yeah I know what you mean but sure theres at least 2 tatical titles coming out in the coming months and im not talking about modern warfare 2 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Will defo be getting this too.
    Whats all this slagging of BF2 and Bad Company? i hope yer just talking about the
    single player "game" element of them. They did indeed suck but the multiplayer of both is brilliant!

Scruff wrote: »
    Will defo be getting this too.
    Whats all this slagging of BF2 and Bad Company? i hope yer just talking about the
    single player "game" element of them. They did indeed suck but the multiplayer of both is brilliant!

BF2 had no single player but yeah I really liked that.. its up in the attic along with my old pc games.. I might just dig it out...!

Bad Company is alot of fun but too arcadey!! No prone either :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I never bought Bad company, I've always being meaning to give it a go. BF2 was one of my all time favourite games, I even even like the less popular BF2142. I will definitely be getting BF1943 I hope the style of play is more like the PC versions of BF series.

DingDong wrote: »
    I never bought Bad company, I've always being meaning to give it a go. BF2 was one of my all time favourite games, I even even like the less popular BF2142. I will definitely be getting BF1943 I hope the style of play is more like the PC versions of BF series.

Its got conquest mode.. thats about it.. unless they changed it from bad company theres a big difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

just took a look on xbox live - and theres no sign of this ? did I get the dates wrong ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Yep its today, will probably appear later.
    for some reason I actually thought the 7th/8th was next week!

Looks like it should be out at 9am or there abouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

quick update - Downloading it now.

No trial option - so you have to stump up the 1200 points before you can download. Currently the download is a bit hidden, its located in videos for Battlefield, then select all downloads.

ondafly wrote: »
    quick update - Downloading it now.

No trial option - so you have to stump up the 1200 points before you can download. Currently the download is a bit hidden, its located in videos for Battlefield, then select all downloads.

Clever clogs, gonna pick it up now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

You can get the trial version from xbox. com and add it to the download queue for your 360. I think it gives you 30 mins multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

think I'll pick this up today as well.
    Would prefer the PC option but seeing that it's not out till Sept (cute fcuks EA) I'll prob buy it on PC as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

whats the game size?

only got 2.5gb free atm.

dammit, I want to install '42 again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

558Mb if the Trial version is the same size as the Full version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

You know the thing they are doing when everyone gets to 41 million kills a new map unlocks, some one was telling me that thats PS3 Vs XBOX first console to get 41mill gets the map.

That cant be right considering its not out at the same time on both machines.

But i think thats a good idea imagine the fanboy nonsense then it would clear them out of every other game as they battle for there little piece of plastic !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just set mine up now to be downloaded.
    Great thing about the marketplace is you can order the games through the website and it'll download to your console when it's switched on.
    Very handy when you're at work :)

• Advertisement

You know the thing they are doing when everyone gets to 41 million kills a new map unlocks, some one was telling me that thats PS3 Vs XBOX first console to get 41mill gets the map.

That cant be right considering its not out at the same time on both machines.

But i think thats a good idea imagine the fanboy nonsense then it would clear them out of every other game as they battle for there little piece of plastic !!!

Nah that's not right. It's 43 million and it's total, kills on PS3 and 360 all count.

Also, from "OfficialBF1943" twitter.

"Bad News, Europe is having heavy Packet Loss causing lag, Good news, we are aware and putting fixes in place as I type. This will be fixed."

I've had a few games where the lag has been terrible.

Advertisement