Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 1943

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Meh. Dumbed down version of the game so 7 year olds can play, great.

Doesn't even look like they've updated the game engine - looks like the same engine as BF2/BF2142.

Unlimited ammo??? Pfft.

I'll stick to playing Battlefield Heroes for free on the PC if thats the case. (or indeed BF2/2142).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Yeah you do that... Thanks for your input.

:rolleyes:

theUbiq wrote: »
    Yeah you do that... Thanks for your input.

:rolleyes:

I do believe this thread is about BF1943 - and I commented and gave my opinion.

You appear to have a problem with that for some reason?

I do believe this thread is about BF1943 - and I commented and gave my opinion.

You appear to have a problem with that for some reason?

This thread is about BF1943 on xbox 360 and not PC.

:p

This thread is about BF1943 on xbox 360 and not PC.

:p

Of which I own both :p and was stating I'd prefer to play a free dumbed down game on the PC, than pay for some piece of crap on the xbox.

I wish they'd stop dumbing down games for xbox / PS.

• Advertisement

Cool; maybe they are hoping people might like this one and advance onto bad company two when it comes out or maybe even 2142 on PC. Who knows... it is just an arcade game. I'll be on later tonight playing anyway, hopefully the problems with lag will be fixed! You're welcome to join us... :pac:

theubiq.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i haven't experienced any lag cause i cant even get into a game, stuck playing the tutorial but it looks really good for an arcade game, hopefully it gets sorted out soon

Cool; maybe they are hoping people might like this one and advance onto bad company two when it comes out or maybe even 2142 on PC. Who knows... it is just an arcade game. I'll be on later tonight playing anyway, hopefully the problems with lag will be fixed! You're welcome to join us... :pac:

theubiq.png

Ah I might - but my net is gone pretty brutal lately - I'll probably lag even if the server issues are fixed!!

I'll try add you anyway, as you might guess, gamertag is DublinGunner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I played for about an hour earlier. No lag issues at all, and I was downloading/uploading on the laptop at the same time.

I really enjoyed it, decided on a purchase after playing one session! Can't see me regretting it either! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

They seem to be working very fast to sort out the lag...

"Good News, the game is incredibly successful beyond even my expectations. We have reached server capacity, but the bad news about this now some people can't join unless someone leaves. But don't worry, we are adding more servers ASAP to Xbox and in preparation PS3 that should start going up ASAP with priority on Xbox 360.

We have also isolated the issue and improving until we have close to 0 packet loss.

Please keep an eye here for updates.

Update#1: We are adding new servers, this may cause some disconnection from now until 17:30."

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-1943/733928-good-news-bad-news.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Of which I own both :p and was stating I'd prefer to play a free dumbed down game on the PC, than pay for some piece of crap on the xbox.

I wish they'd stop dumbing down games for xbox / PS.

Its battlefield and you are worried about it being dumbed down :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Is it just me or can nobody else get onto this p0xy thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I cant get on.. Arrgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Typical EA....mean-fisted tight fcuks. Another half arsed release. Can't even get a game online.
    What did they think would happen when they released 1943.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Cant get into a game either.

will try again later, bit of a pain tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anybody got this working yet?

Nope, not yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

took me ages to get into a game but once i did it was ok, no lag its just getting into a game is the hard part. just keep searching for a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

Giving up, will try again tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

How are the controls? Is the aiming as good as Halo 3 / COD 4? If a game has crappy aiming I wont buy it.

Seeker wrote: »
    How are the controls? Is the aiming as good as Halo 3 / COD 4? If a game has crappy aiming I wont buy it.

Finally got on last night!

Good fun I have to say.

The aiming is more like Battlefield Bad Company. You can aim the rifles like COD 4 but not really the machine guns

Its battlefield and you are worried about it being dumbed down :confused:

Exactly my point.

Couldn't get into a game last night either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Was worried it was my netopia router again (which mysteriously started working last night) even though I had firewall on low, and the xbox live custom service forwaded to my 360's IP. So I take it, it's an issue on EA's part.

Flaccus wrote: »
    Was worried it was my netopia router again (which mysteriously started working last night) even though I had firewall on low, and the xbox live custom service forwaded to my 360's IP. So I take it, it's an issue on EA's part.

ALWAYS take it as an issue on EA's part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

as its an arcade game, there's a 30 minute free demo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Yep...I downloaded the demo since I have never played a BF game before. Tried the turorial. Didn't like the controls to be honest. Found other fps games (Halo3,FacrCry2 etc..) were easier to manage. Probably need to adjust the sensitivity settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I thought it was fine - got straight on last night for 30 mins. I did notice a number of graphical glitches - they didnt interfere with play, but suggest the game was rushed.

All in all good fun and no lag or me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Controls I found good for ground...but the air controls are brutal..way too sluggish

• Advertisement

voxpop wrote: »
    I thought it was fine - got straight on last night for 30 mins. I did notice a number of graphical glitches - they didnt interfere with play, but suggest the game was rushed.

All in all good fun and no lag or me.

Yeah, noticed that too but to be fair, for about €12, it's a pretty cool game.

Advertisement