Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 1943

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

right 2 simple questions from me

1. Can a player take control of the carriers on the maps that have them?

2. Can a carrier be sunk?

These were in 1942, but taken out in all the following bf games (except 2142 where it became the mission goal)

but with the unlockable coral sea map I had hope that they put them back in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    right 2 simple questions from me

1. Can a player take control of the carriers on the maps that have them?

2. Can a carrier be sunk?

These were in 1942, but taken out in all the following bf games (except 2142 where it became the mission goal)

but with the unlockable coral sea map I had hope that they put them back in?

1. No

2. No

You have to respawn on the carrier until you capture the areas with the flags. Then you can choose to respawn at these positions but the carriers are always there, one for each side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Damnit

that was one of the best elements they took out of the original wake island etc.

If the island team kept getting stuck in the airfield and couldnt capture any of the other points, you opt to sink the carrier rather then contest the points. Meaning it needed to be sunk before the ticker ran out.

when I heard there will be two carriers I thought they were going to embrace this classic element and have it that both teams can opt to sink the opponent if they were having trouble taking the island.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Damnit

that was one of the best elements they took out of the original wake island etc.

If the island team kept getting stuck in the airfield and couldnt capture any of the other points, you opt to sink the carrier rather then contest the points. Meaning it needed to be sunk before the ticker ran out.

when I heard there will be two carriers I thought they were going to embrace this classic element and have it that both teams can opt to sink the opponent if they were having trouble taking the island.

Dunno, unless it's something they can change in the future.

Bear in mind it's a pretty basic game.

Perhaps they'll introduce more game types in the future other than just the conquest one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

@smooch71 - have you unlocked it ? Whats the extras ? more maps I assume, any other weapons,etc

• Advertisement

voxpop wrote: »
    @smooch71 - have you unlocked it ? Whats the extras ? more maps I assume, any other weapons,etc

There's only one extra map for the moment. It'll be unlocked for everyone as soon as there are 43 million kills, starting from 19.43 tomorrow. (That's European time so it'll be 18.43 for us.)

The new map will be airplanes only.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Do you guys just search for a game an leave it for ages, or keep stoppeding it and doing a new search ever few mins?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Joke trying to find a game.. been trying nearly two hours now..
    in the process of setting up a private game an yea can't even ****ing start it until ya have a full 14 people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

couldn't even get on last night.
    It's a fcukin joke and typical EA..god I hate those cvnts.:mad:
    First with their Fifa bull**** with brutal lag and now this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seems to have been fine for me. Sure it's taking a bit longer to get into games but once I'm in there's very little lag.

The game itself is great, taking alot from the brilliant Bad Company with a 19xx twist on it. Very impressed and definately worth €12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Still getting the can't connect to EA server. Glad I didn't buy the full game on impulse now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Yeah, they really messed up with the server capacity. Took about 20 mins last night to get a game and that included resetting the xbox because it was stuck on looking for servers.

Once in a game its a good laugh. Airplane controls are exactly as I remember from the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

I sorry i bought this now. I can never get on to it and then kepp getting killed every 5 seconds form some sniper on the other side of the map. What crap. I'm going back to Battlefield Heros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Couldn't get on to this last night either, and not from lack of trying.

Not gonna try again till next week, its a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Chill the beans chaps. I'm annoyed as well that they messed up the servers from day one, but I've gotten a couple of games in and it'll definitely be worth it when its fixed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Seems to work well enough now.
    Still may wait ~2-3 mins for a game, but at least get to play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

very poor game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Worked well earlier, seems to have gone to hell again, not able to join games.
    Attempting to start game as a party doesn't seem to work either, looks like it needs an empty game slot to start a private game.

Game itself is fairly basic, encountered some graphical corruption, but overall not bad.

celtic723 wrote: »
    very poor game.

For €12 its a damn sight better than the usual drivel on arcade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

how many kills has the 360 version have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

just over 2.5mil for the coral sea challange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

The server problem is so annoying, almost impossible to get into a game.

Plane handling is brutal too.

Also, it doesnt seem to make use of the live voice like other MP games e.g. Far Cry etc which seems like a missed trick or perhaps i'm missing out on this? You really should be able to talk to your team mates imo.

Bit disappointed so far with it overall. Maybe its because i'm not good at it yet therefore its the games fault:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

steve927 wrote: »
    The server problem is so annoying, almost impossible to get into a game.

Plane handling is brutal too.

Also, it doesnt seem to make use of the live voice like other MP games e.g. Far Cry etc which seems like a missed trick or perhaps i'm missing out on this? You really should be able to talk to your team mates imo.

Bit disappointed so far with it overall. Maybe its because i'm not good at it yet therefore its the games fault:o

Yeah if your not good at anything its hard to enjoy it! Stick with it anyway at least until they fix the servers!

Planes.. maybe you could invert the controls? I found them hard to control until I inverted the controls and now its pretty easy..

as for the voice... you 100% can do it in squads! I read on a faq that you could talk to the rest of the team when not in a squad but I havn't heard anyone yet :P

Im enjoying it so far... just cant wait to be able to play with my friends!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Ya for planes I inverted flying controls and I also changed flying to leftie or south paw or something, swapped rudder to the right and ailerons to the left stick, a bit more natural for me.
    I've been lucky in that when I've tried to play it has usually taken about 2 attempts.

I think its a great arcade game and easy to pickup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I got the trial version there and I can't do anything with it, I went onto it and it said "Connection Error Failed to connect to EA online" what the hell!?

I'm too lazy to read through the other posts, somone else prob wrote this already :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm too lazy to read through the other posts, somone else prob wrote this already :P

It worked for me after multiple trys with the trial. But tbh, I wouldnt give you a full answer if i knew the exact solution due to the above quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I got into a game pretty quick, was wondering what all the fuss was about, then it froze and i had to turn off my xbox lol.

Same thing happened when i tried a second time. Glad i didn't shell out for the full version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

EGriff wrote: »
    I got into a game pretty quick, was wondering what all the fuss was about, then it froze and i had to turn off my xbox lol.

Same thing happened when i tried a second time. Glad i didn't shell out for the full version.

freezes on me to :rolleyes:

gj EA

I still really enjoy the game depsite its flaws!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I got the demo too and I just get the message can't connect to EA servers or something like that, so haven't forked out for the full game yet. The release of this game has pushed me to reinstall BF2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The freezing is a problem.

Can get into games with friends no bother, we just have to make sure one person starts a game, and others try to join afterwards, then group into squads. Great fun once you get in a game.

Advertisement