Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 1943

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

SeantheMan wrote: »
    It worked for me after multiple trys with the trial. But tbh, I wouldnt give you a full answer if i knew the exact solution due to the above quote

I couldn't find my glasses at the time :p I didn't really want to struggle through 6 pages beforehand just to find this :P It still didn't work after a lot of attempts though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

50mb left to download :)

Only been going since this morning :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

anyone with a trial able to get into the game?

quarryman wrote: »
    anyone with a trial able to get into the game?

I'll let you know in a bit if I can get on or not...

Connected in about 20 seconds max,selected quick match...

• Advertisement

Had no issues at all with the game,Was good fun bombing the captured villages with the plane,Had little or no lag either,Just when my crap connection went down i got disconnected been happening all day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Sweet I havn't played it yet today but im hoping its alot better and the squad system actually works cause I have yet to play with my friends properly!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is battlefield 2 any good online? Have a copy of it knocking around somewhere. My copy of bad company got scratched before i ever went online with it, only had it a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Dowloaded the game in about half an hour today and just finished playin the trial, connected instantly, don't know what everyone is saying about problems. Decent enough fun, not sure if I'll buy it yet or not considerin it could get very repetitive but there is something relaxing about pegging it around a horse show shaped island in a jeep running over people :pac:

And since I've never bothered buying anything off the Live Arcade before, how much are 2100 points or whatever in the shops?? Is it a lot cheaper to buy them online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

EGriff wrote: »
    Is battlefield 2 any good online? Have a copy of it knocking around somewhere. My copy of bad company got scratched before i ever went online with it, only had it a few hours.

Best online game ever...sure they are a few bugs and things..but overall it's the best combat game on PC.
    Unfortunately the xbox version looks and plays like a pile of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Seems that buying the game solved my connecting issues, loving it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Can't wait to try it after recently becoming re-addicted to BF2.

Is it available on the EA site for purchase, if so, how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Post here if you're having the EA login problem: http://tr.im/s03n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

The thing I loved about BF2 is people play as a team, well most of the time. The squad system was great, when you got a good team together. Is BF1943 a similar squad system, like you can spawn on the leader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Am I the only one who finds this incredibly boring? Its like, spawn, get on a boat to get to the mainland, drive for half the day to get to a base, only for someone to shoot you in the face for your 3-4 mins effort, and then you do the same thing again and again.

I just find the maps are too big and the travelling is very boring. I've seen about 5 enemies in 20+ mins of gameplay. I can't get into this at all. Playing the 360 version.

It would be great if the maps weren't so big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Sometimes I think the opposite, maps are a bit small.

Its usally just when the round starts that I spawn at a carrier etc unless its for a plane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

DingDong wrote: »
    . Is BF1943 a similar squad system, like you can spawn on the leader?

Yep, when you are in a squad, you re-spawn wherever the rest of your group are. I assume its the leader, I never actually noticed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I dont know, for me, I find all the travelling just takes so long and is just not fun. When you do get into the action its great. You can go fairly long periods of time without any combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 _red_6_

Anybody know if you can download battlefield1942 OR 1943 free for the pc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I dont know, for me, I find all the travelling just takes so long and is just not fun. When you do get into the action its great. You can go fairly long periods of time without any combat.

Just make sure you respawn near the action, otherwise you need to do some hiking. There is a small learning curve with the combat but you will be pulling in plenty after a bit of practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Played a few hours of it over the weekend.
    Barring the plane combat it gets very boring after a while.
    Why the hell aren't they using prone in this?
    It really is a dumbed down version of BF2.
    The PC version better not be the same..otherwise I won't be buying it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

got this game when it came out, its ok not great a lot of glitches but its fun, MWF 2 doesnt have anything to worry about :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

nige1982 wrote: »
    got this game when it came out, its ok not great a lot of glitches but its fun, MWF 2 doesnt have anything to worry about :)

I don't think it ever did, from ANY game.
    It will be the number 1 game of the year without doubt.

Still waiting on Battlefield 3, sooo many BF games out there though atm.
    Have the ppl complaining about 1943 played any previous battlefields ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Anyone wanna play later tonight about 11ish? Kinda sick of playin with people who won't talk!

Send friend requests to theubiq on xbox live.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyone bought this yet? Is it any good?

My 15min trial ran out today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Starting to get into this now. Can be good fun. I'll be up for a game later on.

Gamertag: Oakdoubleshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Ill play!

Gamertag below!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds this incredibly boring? Its like, spawn, get on a boat to get to the mainland, drive for half the day to get to a base, only for someone to shoot you in the face for your 3-4 mins effort, and then you do the same thing again and again.

I just find the maps are too big and the travelling is very boring. I've seen about 5 enemies in 20+ mins of gameplay. I can't get into this at all. Playing the 360 version.

It would be great if the maps weren't so big.

Thats like a main part of battlefield!

The only thing wrong with this game is theres no prone & only 24 players! At the very least it should be 32 - 64 like the pc!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya Add me for a game too.

I'm on most nights.

Advertisement