Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 1943

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

I've sent messages to the three people that said they wanted to play; I'll be on at about 10.30 tonight... anyone else interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'll be on myself around that time..
    Gamertag=Airblazer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

silvine wrote: »
    Anyone bought this yet? Is it any good?

If you liked Battlefield Bad Company, you will like this.

Steep learning curve playing online tho, same as Bad Company, I am getting back into it slowly. Finding the sniping really hard compared to BFBC, I am hitting them but not killing them, but getting loads of Assist points for it.

Airblazer - I've sent u a friend request on xbox live - catch u later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I love the sniping,cant get over how good the value is on this.

I way prefer this to bad company, dosent realy make sense i know, i think it has something to do with the price tag

Ahem i have a review of it in my sig if anyone is interested in my junior cert level reviewing skillz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyone having trouble getting online with this? It keeps saying 'failed to connect to EA online'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Yeah I couldn't get on at all last night.

DublinGunner81 if anyone wants to add me

The more they stop me playing, the more I want in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

coral sea has been unlocked, its ok only played a few games of it so far. its a bit hard with loads of planes flying around but its good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

theUbiq wrote: »
    I've sent messages to the three people that said they wanted to play; I'll be on at about 10.30 tonight... anyone else interested?

Got disconnected earlier from the first game. Then got distracted by Coral Sea, which is pretty cool bar the gob****es shooting each other while waiting for planes to spawn.

Did you get many people? If we get 14 or more we could start a private game! Might be a bit more chaotic with all those boardsies :D

• Advertisement

Still haven't logged into a single games :(

Playing the demo. Anybody any luck with the demo?

I'm looking forward to having 16 boardsies on a game..
    was playing last night..nothing but fcukin noobs shooting at it..putting demopacks on the planes..and one ****head guy called Znuth who kept circling the opposing airfield and shooting down the planes as they took off.
    Another prick basically just parked his tank far enough from a base not to be hit and shot at everything that moved.
    Had something like 50 kills...I gave both of them a nice review though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I should be on this evening, probably around 9 or 10.

I will be giving the sniping another go, and maybe the planes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Anyone having trouble getting online with this? It keeps saying 'failed to connect to EA online'

I'm having the same problem. Was told this on another forum but havent tried it.
    Although there is no clear fix a large number of people getting this error seem to think it's something to do with your gamertag not being linked or registered to the EA servers. A guy got round it by doing the following
    "If you see the specific message "Failed to Connect to EA online" then you have to find the Facebreaker demo and upload a custom boxer. If you go into the XBL Marketplace and choose "Browse All Games" you'll find it in the list of games beginning with F. It worked for me. Good luck and see you on the battlefield!
    Has something to do with an error linking your gamertag to your EA account - even though mine was linked before there was some sort of glitch that carried over from my initial Battlefield: Bad Company problems where an EA rep had to manually link my gamertag. " Hope this helps and if not head on over to the Battlefield forums there are a few things people did to solve it but it didn't work for others.

Dunno why it would be a gamertag issue especially seeing as i've been playing Bad Company since it came out.

Usual EA crap and their linking accounts.
    Mine's a nightmare..had my EA store account, my BF2 account, my BF2142 account, my PSN account and my Xbox360 account..took me ages to get them all linked to my primary account.
    The demo workaround is supposed to resolve a lot of profile issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    one ****head guy called Znuth who kept circling the opposing airfield and shooting down the planes as they took off.

The AA guns are on the carrier for a reason.
    Another prick basically just parked his tank far enough from a base not to be hit and shot at everything that moved.

Spawn elsewhere, sneak around behind him, demo pack and voila!

Great game this, absolute bargain.

Well, we had some good games last night. Thanks for playing, we will be playing again tonight if anyone is interested?

You can message me at theubiq on xbox live...

Finally got a game today. Ended up buying it. Seems like a real bargain. Gamertag in sig if anyone is up for a game.

Usual EA crap and their linking accounts.
    Mine's a nightmare..had my EA store account, my BF2 account, my BF2142 account, my PSN account and my Xbox360 account..took me ages to get them all linked to my primary account.
    The demo workaround is supposed to resolve a lot of profile issues.

Well the bastids seem to have taken the facebreaker demo down now :(
    looks like no bf1943 for me

Scruff wrote: »
    Well the bastids seem to have taken the facebreaker demo down now :(
    looks like no bf1943 for me

any ea demo apparently will do..try fifa or something.

• Advertisement

I didn't have to do the Facebreaker thing in the end. The game just started working. I hear they're adding servers by the hour.

finally got it working but had to download Fight Night 4 and use the "sign into ea" option. signed in, exited and then could connect.
    it doesnt work with fifa 2009....

So u only get 30mins trial then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Scruff wrote: »

So u only get 30mins trial then?

Yup, stingy baxtards :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Wow fun game, empathetickilla22 is my tag
    Dont worry thats my second gamertag

Really great game. Love the air combat mode. Was never a good sniper in COD but I sniped five in a row in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Really great game. Love the air combat mode. Was never a good sniper in COD but I sniped five in a row in this game.

Up to 2am playing it? Or just happen to be on boards?:D

Up till two am playing it- just one more round..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if anyones still playing this send me an invite my gamertag is M1JU

will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hunggar

anyone having trouble with this last night?
    every time i kept walking forward and stopped my character dude kept moving back by himself a few steps. very annoying!! the controls were all over the place.
    was fine the night before. anyone any ideas?

Advertisement