Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 1943

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

It was fine for me. Maybe your connection was just acting up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Many of yas getting together for a big match?say it be good craic...Many be around tonight?Invite us if ya are gamertag is Soby000:D

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Soby wrote: »
    Many of yas getting together for a big match?say it be good craic...Many be around tonight?Invite us if ya are gamertag is Soby000:D

I'd be up for this. Gamertag in the sig!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

yeah Im around tonight for a boards mashup. as above my gamertag is M 1 J U so someone send me and invite and Ill demonstrate my sniper skills LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

What time?

• Advertisement

i'll be on at about 9pm - 11pm tonight so anytime around that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

hunggar wrote: »
    anyone having trouble with this last night?
    every time i kept walking forward and stopped my character dude kept moving back by himself a few steps. very annoying!! the controls were all over the place.
    was fine the night before. anyone any ideas?

Just sounds liek you were lagging a bit.

Finally got this today, seems good enough auld fun, can't fly a plane for **** though, anyone add me who wants a game GT: Adamcp898

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Feel free to add me as well, I'm tired of playing with/against mutes. On the odd night for about an hour.

Gamer tag is JD Epitaph

kept disconnecting last night 3/4 of a way through each match was VERRRRY annoying :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I play this most weeknights so add me .... EoghanG84

Also no-ones gamertags are showing up in sigs. Maybe its just me that can't see them.

EDIT: Ah i think its just that the gamercard website isn't loading right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

newb questions, so do you have to pay for live account (how much) and then its 2100pts or 15 euro and how long will that let you play this game

googles...

24euro for a month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

You have to buy an xbox live subscription to play online, you can get a 3 month subscription(€17 or so) or if you want to go the long haul you can get a 12 month one(€45-€50). Then you have to buy microsoft points to buy Battlefield, they come in bundles of 2100 (in around €20) or 4200(around €45). Battlefield costs 1200 points I believe. You can get both the subscription and microsoft points at your local gamestop or xtravision etc. Once you have the game bought you'll have it on your hard drive so you can play it anytime as long as you have a subscription to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I just got a new hobby. Get a boat, get as many people as I can in, drive into the middle of the sea and just stop. Peoples reactions are class. Some try to shoot me, some choose suicide and many try to swim in. Then when someone is swimming in I just accelerate away and continue my game. :D Sorry for anyone here I have done this to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

miju wrote: »
    kept disconnecting last night 3/4 of a way through each match was VERRRRY annoying :(

Have you got the ports forwarded properly on your router (88 and 3074) and the NAT open and stuff?

Have you got the ports forwarded properly on your router (88 and 3074) and the NAT open and stuff?

its not a router problem as I can play all other games fine like COD4 etc its just the EA servers being **** as usual.

Will be online playing this later on if anyone fancies an ass whooping :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

ajeffares wrote: »
    I just got a new hobby. Get a boat, get as many people as I can in, drive into the middle of the sea and just stop. Peoples reactions are class. Some try to shoot me, some choose suicide and many try to swim in. Then when someone is swimming in I just accelerate away and continue my game. :D Sorry for anyone here I have done this to.

So that was you ya [EMAIL="b@stard"]b@stard[/EMAIL]!

My favourite tactic is to cover the flag in C4 and hide in the huts until some poor sucker comes along in his tank.

BOOM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

smooch71 wrote: »
    So that was you ya b@stard!

My favourite tactic is to cover the flag in C4 and hide in the huts until some poor sucker comes along in his tank.

BOOM!

Lol:D
    What was you reaction? Did you swim?

BOOM!

mine is when a shed load of snipers are on a level is to just go to a far off mini island and snipe the snipers is great fun sniping them as they run back to their old sniping position where i just popped them in the head from the other side of the island :P

and yes im a mean shot with the sniper rifle :D but prefer to snipe with the normal infantry rifle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Anyone still playing this from Boards???

Only noticed this game on live today. Dont know weather its worth buying the full version or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Its a great game, I go back to play it for a few hours every now and then, If anyone does be playing it on the friends list, I will normally join them for a game or 2, so feel free to add me for a few games if you want...
    So that was you ya [EMAIL="b@stard"]b@stard[/EMAIL]!

BOOM!

Great Tactic, I do that too....also planting C4 at the air raid bunkers is good for a few cheap kills...

• Advertisement

I'm still playing away so feel to add me too. very nearly at thhe top rank of 50 god it takes looooooonnng time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Hi guys,

Love the battlefield series.

Hate the way the controls work in the 1943 demo.

Can you change them around in the full game?

Also, any Irish Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 players wanting a game can PM me.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Hi guys,

Love the battlefield series.

Hate the way the controls work in the 1943 demo.

Can you change them around in the full game?

Also, any Irish Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 players wanting a game can PM me.

Cheers.

You can change them but not customize them took me a while to get use to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Cheers lads just added ya's there.
    CKWPORT wrote: »
    Its a great game, I go back to play it for a few hours every now and then, If anyone does be playing it on the friends list, I will normally join them for a game or 2, so feel free to add me for a few games if you want...

Great Tactic, I do that too....also planting C4 at the air raid bunkers is good for a few cheap kills...
    miju wrote: »
    I'm still playing away so feel to add me too. very nearly at thhe top rank of 50 god it takes looooooonnng time

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

ajeffares wrote: »

Ha ha pure nasty .. but genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Anyone still playing this?Downloaded it the other day - really enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Yes i still play it. But havent in a few weeks.

What with Work, MW2 and 1 vs 100. but will be back playing soon.
    There is a lot of fun to be had with this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Ya i play it while listening to podcasts or music. Excellent game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

addicted to it have to say although on a pause for MW2 at mo.

wish they'd enhance it a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I finally had the chance to play this after I bought it in the sale... All I can say is that I think it is a really bad game, I hate it. I gave it a few goes, tried out the classes to make sure it wasn't just me being new at it and it was still very dissapointing... I even then tried the air support game on it, that has to be some of the worst controls I've used to try and fly a plane in a game.... I was at very least expecting for this to be a fun game, I didn't think it was good at all and a waste of money... :(

Advertisement