Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 1943

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I finally had the chance to play this after I bought it in the sale... All I can say is that I think it is a really bad game, I hate it. I gave it a few goes, tried out the classes to make sure it wasn't just me being new at it and it was still very dissapointing... I even then tried the air support game on it, that has to be some of the worst controls I've used to try and fly a plane in a game.... I was at very least expecting for this to be a fun game, I didn't think it was good at all and a waste of money... :(

Its a game you have to get used to.. a few goes is not enough to get used to it, once your used to the controls etc you get good at the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

hobochris wrote: »
    Its a game you have to get used to.. a few goes is not enough to get used to it, once your used to the controls etc you get good at the game.

I gave it a good few attempts, I tried all the classes and I got tank kills and killed a few people, I just don't like the game...

The sniper was really bad, if I shot at people on the other side of the island that I could clearly see, even if they where standing still, it still wouldn't hit! I found myself using the pistol and the detonator more than the sniper rifle.

I know the airplanes prob just need practice, I went for the 3rd person view with them, never tried the cockpit view if that makes much of a difference...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

The sniper was really bad, if I shot at people on the other side of the island that I could clearly see, even if they where standing still, it still wouldn't hit! I found myself using the pistol and the detonator more than the sniper rifle.

that is because if you look carefully you will notice that in BF1943 the sniper rifles suffers from the "coriolis effect" so bullets over a large distance will curve a good bit. Also unless it's a headshot from the other side of an island the sniper rifle wont do much damage.
    I know the airplanes prob just need practice, I went for the 3rd person view with them, never tried the cockpit view if that makes much of a difference...

I'm still learning to fly the bloody plane and I've a ridiculous amount of hours logged in this game :mad:

Was this game on sale recently?? Seems to be alot of noobies playing the game which are making for lots of easy kills these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes fly planes in 1st person. and use the m1 grand its the best all round kit its ok for some sniping and also ok up close....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I gave it a good few attempts, I tried all the classes and I got tank kills and killed a few people, I just don't like the game...

I think the problem is you tried a little of everything, which is totally fine when starting out but then you have to choose your favorite class and hunker down for the long haul. I felt so frustrated at the beginning, I was getting made mince meat of and my answer was to change my class everytime I was killed. I soon settled down with the Rifleman and 2d 19h 41m of gameplay later I have mastered the class and also PWN the crap out of everyone regularly. I have my horrendous instances of course but I always look to the next round with optimism and work to rectify my mistakes.

My 2nd favorite is the Sniper, I love the fact that DICE incorporated real world attributes into firing a bullet over a long distance, it's a hell of alot more satisfying to get a headshot from the other side of Wake Island having judged your bullet lead correctly :p

The fighter planes are the most difficult to master, to be a success in them you must run the tutorials, I havnt done any of the plane tutorials so I dont try to blow up tanks etc.

Essentially you need to make things less complex for yourself by limiting your options, It's a pure PVP based game so there will always be someone better/trying to be better then thou and the only way you'll blow their face off with a rifle grenade before they blow yours off in the same fashion is to practice, if your not willing to do this then dont play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yep i think soupy is bang on there pick the one class and stick to it. Ive had hours of fun playing this game.
    I play it with some friends who all got MW2 played it for a night or 2 and now are all back to BF1943. We just dont have as much laugh with COD as we do with BF....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Haven't played BF 1943 in a while. I'm wondering if they're gona give us new maps for that? Or is BF Bad Company 2 gonna consolate to that?

Advertisement