Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dysrhythmia - Psychic Maps (new album)

• 02-07-2009 3:43pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all.

I logged into my MySpace for the first time in ages and spotted a release from Relapse Records saying Dysrhythmia's new album is up and streaming from http://www.psychicmaps.info/

Well worth a listen I can tell you! They're what I could only call Jazz Metal :) If you like the snazzy and quirky guitar lickery of bands like Converge or Sikth, then get this on. Flug it, it's free to listen to, may as well give it a once over :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

That's awesome! The sound like the jazzy parts of Dillinger Escape Plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

This is excellent, I'm well buying it.

There's another band called Virus that incredibly similar to these, also a jazz/avant garde metal band, but with vocals, and plenty darker. Plenty of similarities between the two, even during Triangular Stare at around 2:10 when I thought "Heh, that sounds pretty much exactly like Virus.

www.myspace.com/czral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Kick ass, haven't listened to these in ages. Nice to hear they've still got it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Listening to Virus now Numina, thanks for the link.

LightofDarkness - a Ballina head I see - did you ever get to any of the old metal gigs in Shortts in Castlebar back in the day?

Advertisement