Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSc in Computer Science

Options
  • 02-07-2009 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hey

Just wondering can anyone tell me what this course is like? How hard is it? Is it more programming focused or networking or a mix of both?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Well I've actually applied for a transfer to this course as I have an ordinary degree in Software Development from an IT so I'll be skipping 1st year and going straight to 2nd or 3rd year hopefully. The course I did was programming heavy and I'm looking for a more broad course that has a bit of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Well I've actually applied for a transfer to this course as I have an ordinary degree in Software Development from an IT so I'll be skipping 1st year and going straight to 2nd or 3rd year hopefully. The course I did was programming heavy and I'm looking for a more broad course that has a bit of everything.

If your previous course was heavy on the coding, I'd imagine you won't hit the pitfall a lot of first years do when arriving into second year, not knowing basic java...

From my experience, everything outside of coding in 2nd year is relatively easy.

Advertisement