Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinosaurs Had 2 Layers of Skin

Options
  • 02-07-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

It seems that dinosaur mummy just keeps on giving.
    a remarkably preserved dinosaur reveals that the prehistoric reptile had skin like that of birds and crocodiles, a new study says.

"This is the closest you're going to get to patting the animal," said excavation leader Phillip Manning, a paleontologist at Britain's University of Manchester

Full article here.

dino-mummy-2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Manuk

Thanks for that, it's pretty amazing that they can confirm such a thing.

I'm currently reading the book about this find, "Grave Secrets of Dinosaurs: soft tissue and hard science"... it got average reviews on amazon, mainly because it was published too early (it doesn't have the findings from the analyses - obviously, since they're just coming to light now), but I still find it a very interesting read just in terms of overall information about palaeontology and the mummification process. Will let you all know how I found it once I'm finished, will post on the dino book thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Please do, I bought a copy myself, but havent got around to reading it yet.

Advertisement