Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rolls of wrap prices

• 02-07-2009 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was just wondering how much ye pay for a roll of silage wrap and where ye get it,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

€72 Dairygold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭roosterman71

€68 Glanbia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

€55 MCCorry Agri Derrylin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

if you buy up north how does that work out in terms of getting that number which you need when getting plastic collected by IFFPG or whoever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

if you buy up north how does that work out in terms of getting that number which you need when getting plastic collected by IFFPG or whoever

I'd say you don't get the number, but what you save on the purchase would more than compensate you for the cost of disposal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

I paid IFFPG online there a few months back for the farm collection rather than bringing it to a collection site, have a fair old pile and thought it would be handier, not a word from them since, no sign of collection either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I paid IFFPG online there a few months back for the farm collection rather than bringing it to a collection site, have a fair old pile and thought it would be handier, not a word from them since, no sign of collection either..

Good luck with that. I have had enough experience with them to know that they are unreliable. You will have your plastic collected at some stage, but there's no way of knowing when.

I'd rather buy plastic without the levy and pay to get it collected. Much cheaper in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I also paid them last year and was expecting them to call sometime but nothing happened. Eventually I rang their office, who then gave me the mobile number for the guy in my area. I rang him myself and arranged collection without any problem. I'd say the IFFPG service is only as good as the contractor in your area. Now that I think of it, the same guy will collect non-levy plastic from the yard, but charges a bit more for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i know a place where you can get it for €60 in ballyhaunis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 squarebale

where in Ballyhaunis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

€72 Kells Stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

60 euro in goldcrop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Quinn wrap tends to be cheaper than silowrap.

63 euro. joe simons, boyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 scaniaman

€ 70 dairygold

Advertisement