Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gaming PC Budget 1100-1200

Options
  • 02-07-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Greetings. im looking for a new gaming rig. My budget is 1100-1200 approx.I have a monitor,keyboard,speakers,os + mouse already.Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Oh, if I ever had €1200 to play with... :D

AM3_build.png

...I'd get something like this (komplett.ie, free shipping if you collect from the collection point in Blanch).

If you want to add a second graphics card in Crossfire later on, the mobo supports PCI-E x16 on both lanes and the PSU should be ready as well. You can get a standalone sound card if you wish, I excluded it as I think onboard is enough for gaming. Good heatsink for overclocking. Velociraptor for system/game installs and 1TB WD for storage, yes the Samsung 1TB is cheaper but I'm not mad about Samsung stuff unless it's a monitor/TV. And you still have a few bucks left to spend on bits and bobs like fans etc.

Lads, corrections welcome. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

It's something along the lines of what BeciMester posted I'd opt for too. Although a few changes i'd make:
    Drop the Raptor HD and just make do with the 1TB Caviar.
    Maybe step the power supply down to a 550 watter or so, so save another few euro, this depends on whether you want a multi GPU setup or not, if not 550W is plenty for what you want.
    Were it me I'd get a Quad Core rather than the Triple Core merely for completeness, although the extra core isn't a big gain if it's gaming alone you want.

Other than that the above is the kind of setup I'd opt for too. Has a good upgrade path too, AMD have stated that they're sticking with the AM3 socket throughout 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I have a similar budget, and im thinking it will go with this as the monitor http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5604h_12/32pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

It will be used for gaming and movies. Any ideas? I hear that german site everyone uses is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Thanks for the replies. just thought id add that i also have the hard drives. it turned out that they could be salvaged so won't be needing those either. budget is the same tho.Any updates are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

What kind of hard drives do you have? Are they worth salvaging? You don't want a performance bottleneck when all other components are high grade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

just build yourself a monster core i7/gtx 295 pc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

EDIT: Ignore the last item on that list. Its not needed, I'm just too lazy to re-do the whole thing again :P

Here's an alternative to the first build:

HWVS030709.png

See how much cheaper it is? :D

With over €300 in change you could obviously do something silly with the leftover cash:
    Build a bigass RAID5 array
    Go CrossFire (with a bigger PSU anyway, unless you want to muck about with PCIe splitters... )
    Go bling with a watercooling setup :D
    Buy stupidly expensive "gaming" peripherals
    Or a comfier chair :P

Advertisement