Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

autoquake.com

• 02-07-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭

anyone any experience with theese guys was looking at a 320d seem cheap enough.
    are the much cheaper than here at the moment?
    is it possible to bargain with them?
    aftersales service?
    i found a thread on them but it was over a year ago and alot has changed since then and was wondering is it still worth the hassel of traveling over

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Cars&cars

Hi have heard some bad things about autoquake and I dont think they do money off, its just a set price or online auction

i think you could get the same 320 in Ireland for a similar price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Cars&cars wrote: »
    i think you could get the same 320 in Ireland for a similar price!

Great to hear people saying this! :)

eh, ye the same price that includes the extra vrt - thus not really the same price - Id say €5000-6000 vrt on top of the UK price, thus say €14000 + 6000 = €20000, and then you can buy one for €20000 here.

Still Rip off Ireland - or as I like to say the Banana Republic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some mixed reports on them to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Cars&cars wrote: »
    eh, ye the same price that includes the extra vrt - thus not really the same price - Id say €5000-6000 vrt on top of the UK price, thus say €14000 + 6000 = €20000, and then you can buy one for €20000 here.

Still Rip off Ireland - or as I like to say the Banana Republic

Just a little point on that. This time 12 or 18 months ago everybody was complaining that Irish cars were too expensive. Well it says alot as to how far Irish retailers have come recently (due to the hard times) that they can now equall or in many cases better the UK prices even taking into account the VRT charges. Infact many Irish companies who were importing used UK vehicles will openly tell you that UK prices are on the rise due to lack of good quality used stock. But for what its worth Irish prices will rise again very soon on the used market as we hit a similar problem with a lack of used stock. People buy cars not on the basis of what the window price is but on the basis of how much it is per month. The average Joe 24 months ago was happy with €400 per month on a finance deal. This figure has changed to in and around €200 per month at the credit union. everybody seems to want 7 to 8 grand cars at the moment at they are just not there because these were the cars that used to be traded in for new ones. No new cars sold equalls no used cars on the market equalls price rises. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Very true lads there are no great savings to be had any more when you factor in the cost of transport etc . The only thing is you might get a better spec and the choice is greater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

Very true lads there are no great savings to be had any more when you factor in the cost of transport etc . The only thing is you might get a better spec and the choice is greater

I agree totally.It's not all about saving.You also get a better car from the UK.Most owners look after their cars better over there and the roads are alot better than what we have here. I imported an A4 and Golf Gti and must say both of them were immaculate after purchasing them with fully documented service history even with the GTI (It was 9 years old when I purchased it).

Still a Banana Republic

Higher insurance - higher road tax - higher service costs - higher parts costs - higher car cost prices! Still a long way to go to get prices anywhere near those of the UK. In my view running a car in Ireland is about twice as expensive as running one in the UK. (roughly)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Saab Ed wrote: »
    .....People buy cars not on the basis of what the window price is but on the basis of how much it is per month.

People with no sense of value do this ok. It's exactly what happened with the housing market. Never mind the sticker price, look at what it'll cost you on the drip.

Stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

People with no sense of value do this ok. It's exactly what happened with the housing market. Never mind the sticker price, look at what it'll cost you on the drip.

Stupid.

You and I know that but dont forget most people dont. A lot of us on here love our cars and ( think we :D) know them inside out but the average Joe doesnt. He just wants as much bang for his buck with a warranty as possible. And that buck tends to be what he can repay, be that in boom days gone when that figure was huge or today when average Joes old car blows up and he knows what the credit union will give him. In fairness even in the real old days ,unless you bought a banger most people still borrowed the money somewhere....just less.

• Advertisement
Advertisement