Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom can't find Mac

Options
  • 02-07-2009 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

My TomTom 520T Go has been nagging me to update its maps, so I plugged it into my Mac by way of its little stand yoke and waited for the "Do you want to connect to your computer" message - but it never came. I've tried restarting both computer and GPS several times. Is this a known issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have not heard anything of that issue.
    Have you tried pressing the reset on the device.
    Also try connecting a USB cable directly to the device in case there is a problem with the cradle. Also maybe try a different USB socket on you Mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I don't want to reset it - want to reclaim all the favourites I've saved in the last few months.

I've tried different ports and a USB cable with no joy.

It's been dicey from the start, though this is a new issue - about a month after I got it it lost the "you have reached your destination" message - it says it sometimes, but mostly just leaves a pregnant pause after "and then..." And a couple of other little issues. Drat.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just pressing the reset button will not default the device.
    Have you tried reinstalling tomtom home on your Mac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

The TomTom - never a very reliable device from the first day I had it; think it must have been a Monday morning machine - reset itself after running its batteries flat, and I was able briefly to reconnect it and instal new maps.

If you have managed to create a back up then I would recommend reformatting & a fresh install on your device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement