Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black Keys

Options
  • 02-07-2009 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

Everyone needs to go listen to them. Now.

I don't get why they're not more popular. They're the perfect combination of rock n' roll and dirty blues. Songs like Set You Free, I'll Be Your Man, The Flame, You're The One, Do The Rump, Heavy Soul-- completely bringing back the blues movement and combining it with real gritty rock. As it should be.

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Black+Keys

I just got back into them after about a year of forgetting about them and I can't get enough. If you like the old classic Zeppelin-esque blues rock you'll adore them.

Figured they could use some more exposure.

Anyone else even heard of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeah i've known them for a few years, saw them live in Dublin, i think that was last year? In temple Bar, Great act. I've been listening to "Thick Freakness", it's one hell of an Album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

just got their new album el camino there. its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Heard "Little Black Submarine" on the radio last night, it was class.
    Daycent band indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 33,691 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Been listening to them for a few years, always wanted to see them live.

Can't believe they aren't bigger, but then again they haven't been on X-Factor yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Feel free to make a new thread rather than bump a 2 year old one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Shane St.: Please don't bump old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement