Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile TV Charges !

• 02-07-2009 7:57pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was using Mobile Tv on Vodafone ready to go and after paying the Subscriptions was then charged for going over the 50mb daily usage limit.
    As i thought the mobile tv charge was outside the 50mb limit and now it seems to be included !

How long has this been going on ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nowso wrote: »
    I was using Mobile Tv on Vodafone ready to go and after paying the Subscriptions was then charged for going over the 50mb daily usage limit.
    As i thought the mobile tv charge was outside the 50mb limit and now it seems to be included !

How long has this been going on ?

If you have a subscription then you are not charged to watch the tv. However they do charge you for the pages you click to search for the video.

So if you have reached your 50MB allowance in a day, you will be charged 2cent for every Kb you load excluding only the video clip itself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I was charged data for the Mobile TV itself as went on only a dozen vodafone live pages all day other than that.

And went over the 50kb watching the Mobile tv only

I was charged data for the Mobile TV itself as went on only a dozen vodafone live pages all day other than that.

And went over the 50kb watching the Mobile tv only

50Kb or 50MB? On the 'live' usage its 99cent no matter how much you use up to 50MB

50mb i meant yeah . I always believed mobile tv was seperate unless thats changed

50mb i meant yeah . I always believed mobile tv was seperate unless thats changed

It is separate...the tv clip. But the time you spend finding that tv clip is charged

• Advertisement

Well i was told different by Vodafone they say i went over by 18euro i was only charged .13 as they gave me 5euro goodwill as i didnt know . He said the subscription was
    To sky alone and they charge for the data.

As this is now the case how long do you get for your 50mb ?

As this is now the case how long do you get for your 50mb ?

General rule is 1 minute clip is 1MB of data

How could u watch anything with that limit. The mobile tv wouldnt be the quality of youtube so mite go longer

I think vodafone and meteor have gone backwards re data and streaming. Its a joke.

• Advertisement

But you dont need to worry, because watching a mobile tv clip wont effect your data cost.

The only thing out of the 50mb is the pages leading up to the clip. 50MB would probably give you 500webpages, or maybe 2000 mobile friendly webpages.

But it does effect your 50mb i have rang vodafone twice to check and they have confirmed it.

But it does effect your 50mb i have rang vodafone twice to check and they have confirmed it.

Well i went routing on their crappy webiste and found this:
    When I download content from Vodafone live!, does this come out of my daily/monthly usage allowance?

The data that you use to get to any Vodafone live! content will come out of your allowance. If you watch content supplied by Vodafone, such as Mobile TV or Radio DJ it doesn't come out of your daily or monthly data allowance - you just pay the subscription. Browsing to get to Mobile TV and Radio DJ is charged. Browsing and the data required to download ringtones, games etc. is also charged out of your allowance. When you download ringtones, games and other content, you must also pay for the actual cost of the content.

Well they obviously changed that to get more money in . I have my credit gone to prove it

Advertisement