Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further heavy rain and storm risk tonight, 2nd/3rd July (East, Midlands and North)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Just looked at the lightning radar, jaysus the West is lit up!

Looks like it's spreading slowly towards Dublin :D

http://www.laoisweather.com/lightning/
    Some amount of strikes on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Where bouts is it? Using the mobile and cant use stormvue, i'm seeing flashes every few seconds. But its too far for thunder. Might take a drive as far as it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

monster1 wrote: »
    Where bouts is it? Using the mobile and cant use stormvue, i'm seeing flashes every few seconds. But its too far for thunder. Might take a drive as far as it :)

Sligo/Leitrim seems to be the main focus of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Rain is starting up here now, hopefully I get a good light show too.

The flashes i'm seeing are not coming from that direction. Coming from the direction of athlone, roscommon town. I'm around castlerea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

monster1 wrote: »
    The flashes i'm seeing are not coming from that direction. Coming from the direction of athlone, roscommon town. I'm around castlerea.

That storm is probably heading for the Sligo/Leitrim region. Could see frequent lightning here too from it. Counted 20 separate flickers alone in one minute about 10 mins ago. Seems to becoming less frequent now but a great sight to behold in the night sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Any chance of meath gettin the storm? The electricity has dipped a few times, dunno if its related though!

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Tried to record some of it, batts were dead. Got 2 bigish flashes after I got the power supply plugged in.

Looks like its north west of me, so yeah, leitrim area i guess.

Met eireann says Longford/leitrim are at 2.15 so yeah, I guess sligo might be near getting it now

That storm is probably heading for the Sligo/Leitrim region. Could see frequent lightning here too from it. Counted 20 separate flickers alone in one minute about 10 mins ago. Seems to becoming less frequent now but a great sight to behold in the night sky.

It seems to be lighting up the place a bit more now as if its closer, although its not as frequent as you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Electricity was out for about 90 minutes. I estimated 3 strikes per minute,vivid lightning,lit up the whole room time and again. Very nice storm,not too much rain, and it has rumbled of to the north now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Sligo was getting it big time round 3 last night.

Dont think I have heard thunder like that in a long time. Strikes from both North and South of Ballymote with about 5 min intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Slidey wrote: »
    Sligo was getting it big time round 3 last night.

Dont think I have heard thunder like that in a long time. Strikes from both North and South of Ballymote with about 5 min intervals.

Best storm I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

There was one strike about 3:50am that nearly lifted me out of the bed!
    Very bright flash and about 1/2 second later huge clap of thunder.
    storm laster for about 25min, flashes every few minutes
    South Sligo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I was seeing flash after flash here at around 2:15AM last night, but no Thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

humongous thunder clam here in Limerick City suth, with lightning

The heavens are now opened.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

humongous thunder clam here in Limerick City suth, with lightning

The heavens are now opened.

Heard that all the way out in Newport.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Any idea if dublin is going to get some thundery showers today?

by the look of it that heavy rain is heading your way

another clap o thunder off to the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

when shud it arrive here. currently its partly cloudy and its 20c

• Advertisement

Torrential rain here at the moment.

EDIT: Wow, very close strike - thunder was deafening.

@chris my reply was to Sierra Oscar, who is living bout 15 east of me. not sure if this batch will make it that far east.

Searra Oscar, that is the lot we just had. the sun is shining here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D:D ooh looking forward to this storm, just hope it comes to Dublin 15 area...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

glossy wrote: »
    :D:D ooh looking forward to this storm, just hope it comes to Dublin 15 area...

Looking at radar it doesn't look like any of the current stuff is going to reach Dublin. Probably had enough anyway - we've already had a month's rainfall in the last 2 days - at least Dublin Airport has!

Advertisement