Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out in Letterkenny.

Options
  • 02-07-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

Me and a few friends are heading on a trip around Ireland. We'll be staying in Letterkenny town this day next week (thursday) and are looking for a lively club/late bar that plays indie music to go out to.

We're 19/20 about 8 of us and are looking for somewhere that's preferably free in (or at least no more than a tenner) and that sells cheap drinks and like I said, not drum and bass /dance/ house music.

Has anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Mc Ginleys bar on the main st is your best bet. Bar open till bout 1. Always a decent band on. Drinks more or less the same price in all the places. Or the voodoo bar (downstairs, upstairs is the disco) right next door, same idea but a more disco bar with a band. The two biggest bars, Cavern and Sister Saras are cheesey dance pubs so avoid. The niteclubs will be of the same ilk. Hope this helps!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nmg-lky

Yeah Klim got it spot on Mc Ginelys first then hit voodoo lounge, prob would suit you the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pretty much every club in the town plays the same sort of music unfortunately. The Pulse can have a decent band now and again but doubt it this time of the year, its usually on student nights during the year. Voodoo, Milan etc all play that boring dance stuff. The Grill used have some decent indie stuff, I remember Ash playing there last year but dont think they do it anymore

As said above, McGinleys & Voodoo Lounge(not the club) are your two best bets for indie stuff

Theres a new place opened this week called Tonic..haven't been in it yet or heard anything about it, dont know if they have live bands or whatever

Advertisement