Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK to IRE bank account transfer using Western Union

Options
  • 02-07-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all,

Long story short, my gf has 2500 stg in her NatWest UK account that she needed in her IE bank account about ten days ago. Thing is she had to send a letter, which she was told was received and would be processed in the coming days. Three days later, she was told it was never received and to please send again. That won't be processed in time for the mortgage to come out of the Irish bank account so it's a no go.

Withdrawing the maximum from ATM, 250 per day over ten days is very inconvenient. So what about Western Union, can it work for this, and if so how and how quickly. The wu page is freezing on me, so I haven't been able to get an answer there. Any help appreciated, it is a little urgent. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jesusofnaz

this is not possible, i just found out ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I assume natwest uk have some form of internet banking available?

If ye were to set up the account on that you can generally do international transfers on that - and normally the fee is reduced and the time taken is less.

Advertisement