Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Service

• 02-07-2009 9:38pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone recommend a (cheap good) place to get a car serviced? Has to be a "proper" garage (i.e. VAT registered) rather than someone that does it in their spare time.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

I know a great mechanic in Tulla, a proper professional and a real gem with a good reputation at the NCT who doesn't overcharge you. I don't know about VAT registered, never asked, but I suppose he must be. Never been at his garage since he does 'home service' in the area at least. That is, he collects the car and brings it back.
    If you are interested and if it is in your area, let me know and you'll get a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There's a guy on the kilrush road who's cheap and thorough. He's behind a house across the road and slightly to the right of the county council offices (where the driving testers take off from). My Dad goes to him and he's self employed so I assume he's VAT registered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Cool, Tulla is a bit far out, I'd prefer to drop it somewhere in town, I live on the Kilrush Road so that could be a goer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

SAM Motors in Doora Industrial Estate are probably bigger (and dearer?) but provide excellent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bassnut

palaver wrote: »
    I know a great mechanic in Tulla, a proper professional and a real gem with a good reputation at the NCT who doesn't overcharge you. I don't know about VAT registered, never asked, but I suppose he must be. Never been at his garage since he does 'home service' in the area at least. That is, he collects the car and brings it back.
    If you are interested and if it is in your area, let me know and you'll get a pm.

can u pm me the guy in tulla . that wud be sound . just moved there and im lookin for a mechanic at the minute. cheers:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I rang Sam, they are looking for 180 for a service.....

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Try John's Auto's near UDC office - They seem to have all the gear and were way cheaper than main the dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmel45

gerry keane in the quinn rd is very good, been going to him a few years now. the lads all know what they're doing, fierce honest. find the prices reasoble and no messing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

Go to "The Garage" in Doora Industrial Estate, they won't rob you and do a good service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmel45

Go to "The Garage" in Doora Industrial Estate, they won't rob you and do a good service.
    gerry and the lads know what they are doing and you are write they won,t rob you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 sbros002

I second "The Garage" in the Doora Industrial estate - good value & service any time I've called for my car valet or service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Johns Autos on the Drumbiggle Road, (Beside David English Rewinds). Had work done by him before, very reasonable.

Advertisement