Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Accounts - Best Out There?

Options
  • 02-07-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am going travelling soon and am currently saving €1k per month in my local credit Union.

I am thinking about moving my saving to a savings account in a bank. I think I will fair better than the credit Union.

Thing is, I am not sure which bank to go with. I don't really want to be able to touch the cash until close to when I go, i.e. Oct/Nov of this year.

Do any of you know the best options out there?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

I have an easysaver account with Bank of Ireland, the max you can put in is 500 a month though. You get 7% on the first 5000 and 4% on everything after that.. I think. Might be worthwhile just checking that out on their webpage...

Good to see someone saving for a change...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Anglo are offering 5.5% on up to 2500 a month and your money is safe as houses, Halifax have 3.75%.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    I have an easysaver account with Bank of Ireland, the max you can put in is 500 a month though. You get 7% on the first 5000 and 4% on everything after that.. I think. Might be worthwhile just checking that out on their webpage...

Good to see someone saving for a change...

That rate has changed, it has gone down to 4.25% on first €5000 and 1% on everything after that. :(

Advertisement