Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polaroid Instant Camera

• 02-07-2009 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi,

I saw a friend throw out a Polaroid camera recently, and decided to save it as I heard that they had stopped making them many years back.

The model in question dates back to the early 90's I think, is this likely to be of any value or use to anyone?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I bought one recently for €15. Sentimental value more than anything else, the first camera I bought for myself when I was young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beemar

Hi,

I'm going into the last year of my photography degree and I'd love to get my hands on a Polaroid. The instants are still available bu they cost 3o euro for twenty. If you're thinking about getting rid of the camera, let me know and maybe we could work something out, depending on whether it is working or not.

Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

This all depends on what type of polaroid it is. If its a 600 then you can still get (overpriced) film for it. I don't think you can buy spectra film or the smaller integral types anywhere though (expired on ebay maybe). OTOH it might take peel apart film, in which case you might be in luck, because fuji make peel apart films that are compatible with e most popular polaroid ones.
    More details of the cam needed :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Just read recently that a small company is restarting the production of Polaroid films again. They are planning a B/W film for early next year and a colour one for mid/end 2010.

Advertisement