Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband disconnecting

Options
  • 03-07-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭

I am a complete dope when it comes to computers but here is my problem.I have BT broadband and lately i have expericed problems ,i am getting disconnected alot.i am getting page load error and address unknown messages when i am browesing .usually i have to turn on and off the router.anyone know the problem?how can i fix this.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

yabadabado wrote: »
    I am a complete dope when it comes to computers but here is my problem.I have BT broadband and lately i have expericed problems ,i am getting disconnected alot.i am getting page load error and address unknown messages when i am browesing .usually i have to turn on and off the router.anyone know the problem?how can i fix this.

At this stage this question is answered on an almost hourly basis here.:rolleyes:
    People are only too willing to help but it is nice to think that someone will attempt to help themselves by at least looking around the forum before they post.

It also helps for example to state whether you are using a wireless connection,
    What speed you are on, if you have contacted your isp and most especially give your line stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

as dub says, that's pretty much it. we're more than happy to help, but we're going to need to know what you've been through already and what equipment you have at the very least to try and narrow done the possible causes.

things that culd help:

make and modem of modem
    what broadband package you are on
    your line stats (from your modem)
    does it happen when you are doing something specific? (i.e. streaming video, downloading torrents, or just when browsing websites)
    does it happen at specific times of the day?
    what have you done so far to tryand fix it? i.e. have you contacted your ISP and gone through their troubleshooting process, have you changed any settings, cables etc. rewcently or had any work done in your house that could have affected the line quality maybe?
    have you tried more than one pc with your broadband? is it affecting more than one pc or just the one?

there are dozens and dozens of things that it *might be* at this stage, so any more information you can provide will help us to help you. :)

Advertisement