Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Repayments Online?

Options
  • 03-07-2009 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering whether I can use online banking to make repayments on my loan. My loan is on an interest only basis and can I just transfer money into the loan account to cover the interest or do I need to do it in branch?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Depends on your bank. I've got a BOI loan and I can transfer money into it no problem. Just wish I had the spare cash to do it more often ;) I'd imagine it's the same for any of the banks, you'll probably have to register it as a beneficiary on your online banking first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Thanks.

The loan appears in my Account Summary so I presume I can just treat it like any other account and transfer money between it? I'm with Ulster Bank.

Advertisement