Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add the numbers in the Triangle

Options
  • 03-07-2009 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

This is wrecking my head, i got 993 and found 10 traingles.

I must be missing out on one as i am told the answer is not correct

anyone get anything else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭thomaskearns

i got the exact same answer.. im fully sure theres no more than 10 in it... it must be some sort of con... 993 is defo right...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

cheers for the reply, tried to google something similar but couldnt find one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's the only answer I can see, though they might be looking for ya to add the individual digits. Did someone who got through give 993 as the answer?

yeah 2-3 people called in and gave it.... it must be a pure fix

yeah loads have given 993, some answered are mind boggling. 2 mins ago someone did just ryhme off all the numbers

• Advertisement

if its individual numbers in each one then its 174.. so it has to be 174 since 993 was said to be wrong...

Individual digits. ;)

yeah if there was a space between the numbers we would be looking at it differently... ring in..

sh1t, some1 just said 174!! and its wrong!

nope 174 was just said to be wrong.. feck this im going to bed... post the answer here when they give it so i can have a look tomorrow and see how they got it...

dam u, i wanted to go to bed and was going to ask u to do the same!

• Advertisement

Thats about 5 michaels in a row now!!

michael amacachi ?!

if its individual numbers in each one then its 174.. so it has to be 174 since 993 was said to be wrong...

Maybe add that to the 993 as well? Or maybe only some of the individual digits count seperately as they're a slightly different font?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭dodzy

Last guy said 77615 :eek: jasus.

Nah, I'm a Shaun.

cant listen to this guy any more but i need to know the anwer before i sleep!

anyone got national school books to get the answer, since he said it came from there!

Screw the cash prize... I say the winner gets to slap the host. Hard.:mad:

hes on a red bull o/d, thats for sure,

are we agreed 10 triangles?

1 x 5
    4 x 1
    3 x 2
    2 x 3

Yup. Unless i'm pissed, I make it 10 :confused:

HAQ.. i just remember i have sky plus.. *record* i'll be seeing you in the morning mister answer.. here i come bed!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No, there are more than 10 triangles. Just count em. or are there? muahahaha
    Also where is this 993 and 174 stuff coming from, are we not literally adding the numbers? What is going on?

How many is there Tar?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Only messing didnt try it let apart from jsut adding the numbers, which is what we are meant to do??? Where are these crazy answers coming from. Is this from one of the channels that have crap like, where theya re just tricking you up on words? Ah I see now.

we make it there are 10 triangles in total in that main traingle, add up the numbers in each brings u to 993, but its wrong,

No, there are more than 10 triangles. Just count em.
    Come on Tar, where ? and the 993 is based on the x10 triangles combo. I'm guessing that the 174 is individual digit combos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 drco

993 seems to be correct but there are technically more than 10 triangles

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

I count 10 where are the noot so obvious triangles

If there are more than 10 then the 993 number changes based on that method. You can give lots of answers here, such as the number being 42 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I can't make my mind up between 914 and 708.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 drco

if you think of the triangles as overlaid pieces of paper, then for example the number 25 is on its own triangle with 34 lying on top of it. When looked at that way there are several more. But he says not to count any number more than necessary - what does that mean

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement