Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add the numbers in the Triangle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

if they email me a ref number i will let you know it, no probs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ro810

ektich wrote: »
    Is it worth "adding signatures" to your request instead of sending separate emails to bcc? If you have a ref number or something of your complaint I'd like to send one in myself linking to yours. I also got either 993 or 174. Maybe my PhD in Mathematical Physics works against me on this puzzle?!?!?

it seems that a PhD has nothing 2 do with it... as we came to the point that a simple minded child could solve are problem!! this is going 2 go through my head ive just been staring at a page with it on it for the past 2 hours

I have been trying to work out if they missed out on some triangles, but even with leaving out some i cant get 622

same i tried that last night... ive even been taking them as fractions. i just tried adding the highest number in each triangle only and i got 576 i thought i was on to something there but once again i was sadly disappointed. im completely stumped!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bloom03

I found 21 triangles. see attached. Add all the numbers plus individual numbers Triangle3.jpg

• Advertisement

you have the complete triangle in 5 times?

Edit - ACtually you have doubled up a few of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭dodzy

bloom03 wrote: »
    I found 21 triangles. see attached. Add all the numbers plus individual numbers Triangle3.jpg

Am I missing something here ???? Or has Bloom lost the plot !:confused:

bloom03 wrote: »

Picture is now correct;)

i dont think he has lost the plot at all i believe that he is one of the guys who comes up with the answers and he is simply telling us how easy it was we just couldnt see it!! ha

ro810 wrote: »
    i dont think he has lost the plot at all i believe that he is one of the guys who comes up with the answers and he is simply telling us how easy it was we just couldnt see it!! ha

Nah. It's obviously James, last night's winner:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Hi Guys, I googled 622 triangle a few mins ago to try and find out how they got the answer and found this thread.

Anyway, my point is, I'm the guy who called in and won, James from Monaghan :) I only knew they answer cos he pretty much said it on the show, best part is, it was only the second time I had called into the show, ever :) I tried calling a few weeks ago for the "animal beginning with c" but my mobile didn't allow me to call it.

I got fed up last night and decided to see if i could call again and it let me through, first time i was unsuccessful, but i got through the second time.

Have to say, i have no idea how they got the answer, but I am delighted to be €4600 richer for it, I get my check sometime in the next 4 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Hi Cloneslad - fair play to ya

I fell asleep last night waiting on the answer - so YOU tell us how you came up with the answer

I have to say that anytime someone gave an answer in the 600's he said "Close but not right"

cloneslad wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I googled 622 triangle a few mins ago to try and find out how they got the answer and found this thread.

Anyway, my point is, I'm the guy who called in and won, James from Monaghan :) I only knew they answer cos he pretty much said it on the show, best part is, it was only the second time I had called into the show, ever :) I tried calling a few weeks ago for the "animal beginning with c" but my mobile didn't allow me to call it.

I got fed up last night and decided to see if i could call again and it let me through, first time i was unsuccessful, but i got through the second time.

Have to say, i have no idea how they got the answer, but I am delighted to be €4600 richer for it, I get my check sometime in the next 4 weeks :)

Liar. You are Carol Vorderman's sister:D

All sh!t aside, well done lad! Just as a matter of interest, at what point in the show did you actually dial the number ? Was it right on the wire ?

EDIT: Just seen the plan for the next show. You are getting your cheque in 4 weeks time but.... how many days in 4 weeks ?

" 28 you say. No. Sorry. But I like the way you responded quickly. Keep them calls coming! "

Legendary stuff !

as much as i hate u right now(joking) i must say far play if it is really you!! i tried ringing in with the correct answer about 10 times:( but sure its that life! i think u all owes us a drink:P for the dedication which we are putting into solving this problem

dlambirl wrote: »
    .... and how did you manage to come up with it??
    You cannot be serious !:rolleyes:

dodzy wrote: »
    Liar. You are Carol Vorderman's sister:D

All sh!t aside, well done lad! Just as a matter of interest, at what point in the show did you actually dial the number ? Was it right on the wire ?

EDIT: Just seen the plan for the next show. You are getting your cheque in 4 weeks time but.... how many days in 4 weeks ?

" 28 you say. No. Sorry. But I like the way you responded quickly. Keep them calls coming! "

Legendary stuff !

hahahaaha thats priceless

so thats what happens when you get through??? wow it seems so magical!!!!

so thats what happens when you get through??? wow it seems so magical!!!!

it is a magical wonderland :)

i ended up waking my dad up cos it was his fault i was watchin it, i was bout to head to bed, he flicked on tv3 and we went through it loads of times, i was getting 206 and 993 if i remember right, but everyone was ringin in with those answers. i think the total cost of the call was €10 cos i got put through and had to wait afterwards (i was on my mobile, thank god my credit didn't go before i got put through :eek:)

i think the total cost of the call was €10 cos i got put through and had to wait afterwards (i was on my mobile, thank god my credit didn't go before i got put through :eek:)

Imagine that - sickner!! Well done though so it went to after 4am?!!

no it ended bang on 3. james answered the question and the guy just went!

• Advertisement

finished at 3am

Sorry - typo, meant to say 3am

So the game lasted the whole night?!!! Did the person on the phone ask you your answer before you got through to studio??

Sorry - typo, meant to say 3am

So the game lasted the whole night?!!! Did the person on the phone ask you your answer before you got through to studio??

nope, just my name and number

There's my conspirasory out the window!!
    Well done cloneslad

Well done.

we are still at a loss as to how they got the answer though!

brightkane wrote: »
    Well done.

we are still at a loss as to how they got the answer though!

thats true we have gone off a little bit... we still dnt know as to how they managed to get 622!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

nope, just my name and number

So if you had given a wrong answer, the show would have ended, and we woldn't have got the correct answer? The rat b*&^%£"ds. Congratulations by the way.

Klim wrote: »
    So if you had given a wrong answer, the show would have ended, and we woldn't have got the correct answer? The rat b*&^%£"ds. Congratulations by the way.

ha ha, maybe they had more than me lined up to go through, or they prob could have put someone through really quickly, i doubt they would go off air without finishin it (although i remember staying up with my g.f till 5am watching a similar numbers type on an english quiz show on one of the sky digital channels and they went off air without answering it, i was raging cos i thought they would put me out of my misery)

thanks for the congratulations from everyone too, i thought it was only fair to show that a real person actually won it and it wasn't just some sort of a fix

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Here's a question, it's a variation on the solution that I suggested earlier where the calculator sees one number wrong and then forgets to add the single triangles to the total.

How did brightkane get the diagram on page one? Are we sure that this is in fact the accurate set of five numbers, because if (let's say) the actual numbers were different from these, then of course the solution would not be 993 as we all seem to agree.

For example, I worked out that these numbers using the same logic actually do give a total of 622:

now looking at those, 8 instead of 25 is difficult to imagine, but 23 instead of 78 and 31 instead of 51 not so difficult.

But in any case, I am just asking, this diagram that we are all working off, did anyone see what they had on the TV show? Obviously, I didn't. :D

• Advertisement

thats true we have gone off a little bit... we still dnt know as to how they managed to get 622!!

+1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement