Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries 100 this weekend

Options
  • 03-07-2009 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Its that time of the year again and there will be road closures in effect in the area around Skerries this weekend including the main Skerries-Lusk road.

Of course the main event of the weekend is the bikers gig/session. Is this still on by Manowar pub or is there any truth to the rumors that it has been moved out by Bog O The Ring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

pithater1 wrote: »
    Of course the main event of the weekend is the bikers gig/session. Is this still on by Manowar pub or is there any truth to the rumors that it has been moved out by Bog O The Ring?
    I heard it's out in Ring Commons Sport Center alright.

I wonder did the MOR price itself out of the market, I heard a lot of people comment on the price of an event they had their last weekend.
    The Skerries 100 will take place in Skerries village until Sat 4th July. * Over 40,000 spectators are expected over the course of the weekend, with approximately 160 riders taking place in 10 races on Friday and Saturday. * A number of road closures will be implemented on Friday and Saturday in Skerries to facilitate the race. From 3pm-9:30pm on Friday 3rd and from 9:30am- 6:30pm on Saturday 4th July a number of roads in Skerries will close. The roads affected are; from Balcunnin Cross towards Skerries, past Milverton House(R127), the Baldongan-Milverton Rd to the Baldongan-Skerries Rd (Golf Road) jct, the Baldongan-Skerries Rd (Golf Road) to Baldongan Cross and the Ladywell Ballykea Rd (Loughshinny Road) from Baldongan Cross to Balcunnin Cross.

* Diversions will be in place as follows; From Lusk to Skerries, via the main roads Lusk to Rush and Rush to Skerries. Balrothery to Lusk via the Drogheda Rd, Ballough Man O’ War Rd and Quickpenny Rd. Balrothery to Rush via the main Lusk to Rush Rd. Balrothery to Skerries via Rosepark, Cross of the Cage Rd, Cross of the Cage Barnageeragh and Balbriggan to Skerries Rd. * Motorists can travel to Skerries via Lusk village on the R127. From the South head North on the M1 at J4 Lissenhall and follow the signs for N1 and North. Approximately 3km from J4 and past Blakes Cross service station on the left turn right onto the Lusk Rd R127. From the North head South on the M1. You have the option to exit the motorway at J5 Balbriggan or to continue onto the J4 Lissenhall. If you exit at J5 Balbriggan follow the N1 South through Balbriggan and continue onto the Lusk Rd (R127).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Yep. theres a MASSIVE marquee gone up in the ringcommons for the bikers. Theres the pub out there in our clubhouse too (I coach Ringcommons womens football team out there and play for the mens team). Its set to be a cracking night. Hope we dont run out of beer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

what time is the first race anyone know? I had a look through the Loughshinny Motorcycle website but it has to be the worse website to navigate. you'd think they would of posted the race times on the front! :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

well the signs in lusk say from 9.30

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

was down there last night,good craic ,too much cider paying for it today though.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

the bolt wrote: »
    was down there last night,good craic ,too much cider paying for it today though.:D

The racing was mega - my 28th Skerries to date (I likes me road racing :p), headed through Skerries last night on the way to The Yacht and Skerries seemed dead as a dodo. Massive craic at the 2 Strokers Gig in The Yacht - great support from the local riders and Micky Dunlop who won three good races. Local 125 rider Ciaran Donnelly's band 'Equipped' rocked the joint!

On a sour note I heard their were a couple of bikes stroked during the racing

Get well soon to the two riders who had incidents - Denis Gallagher and James McCann

Advertisement